mccalto
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hoping to do physical geography, entry 2023 any recommendations for the best uni’s
mollie_lowrie
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I have just done 3 years at the University of Lincoln studying BSc Geography and I highly recommend it! The course itself was really interesting and the lecturers are all really helpful and friendly.
University of Lincoln
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mollie_lowrie)
I have just done 3 years at the University of Lincoln studying BSc Geography and I highly recommend it! The course itself was really interesting and the lecturers are all really helpful and friendly.
Hi mollie_lowrie,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at Lincoln!

Massive congratulations on completing your studies, and we wish you the very best of luck with your next venture.

Olivia
mccalto
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mollie_lowrie)
i was actuallly just at lincoln university open day and i am definitely considering it as one of my options, could u give any specific details about the course, how and what u studied etc.
mollie_lowrie
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mccalto)
i was actuallly just at lincoln university open day and i am definitely considering it as one of my options, could u give any specific details about the course, how and what u studied etc.
That’s great to hear! In your first year you’ll be studying both human and physical core modules, meaning that if you wanted to switch from BSc to BA after first year then that wouldn’t be a problem.

The modules teach you some of the key theories and concepts that you can then build on during second and third year, for example sustainability, climate change, academic writing and using GIS software. You will also get to spend some time in the university’s laboratories, which is something I really enjoyed.

Your first year of studies will also include a residential trip to the Lincolnshire coast, I found that this was a really good opportunity to get to know my coursemates and it was a fun experience. This trip is included in your tuition fees, as well as an overseas fieldtrip in second year which in previous years has been to Crete. The course involves a range of fieldtrips for each module, where you may be collecting samples to analyse in the labs, or simply just getting to learn in an environment other than in lecture buildings!

In terms of assessments, the majority of your work will be in the form of group presentations, essays and portfolios, with some exams. In the third year Environmental Management module, one of the assessments involves making an educational interactive game that will be used in schools, which is a really creative and fun way to be assessed. This means that you are graded more on how you can apply your knowledge, rather than how well you can revise for an exam!

If you go onto the BSc Geography website, you can see a list of first, second and third year modules, each with a description of what the modules involve.

In terms of course size, we tend to expect around 60 students, so it’s not the biggest course but it’s definitely not the smallest. I liked the smaller course size as it enabled me to get to know more or less everyone on the course, I felt more confident when it came to answering questions or presenting work and you can get to know the lecturers better. You also get put in a tutorial group of around 6 people and you stay in those groups with your personal tutor throughout the duration of your course.
If you have any other questions, I would be happy to help 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads