Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    butt plugs should be made free at local GPs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_jenko)
    or maybe if you cupped it in your hand and wafted it at some1s face...
    but if you think about it your underwear and trousers are thin enough to let the smell out, which is the poo particles in the methane coming out of your rectum.
    if you knew you had hepatitis , you'd have to be pretty screwed up to wanna cupcake someone

ReputationRep:
    do butt plugs stop you from farting completely? thats pretty cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leum)
    do butt plugs stop you from farting completely? thats pretty cool
    that cant be healthy, you'd prob get trapped wind

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, you can get a pretty serious case of Hepatitis stupidious from farting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshMashMash)
    Yeh, you can get a pretty serious case of Hepatitis stupidious from farting.
    thats not an actual disease. believe it or not this is a serious thread, please respect that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muel86)
    thats not an actual disease. believe it or not this is a serious thread, please respect that

Fine, I'll contribute to this farce.

It can be caught in different ways depending on the type of virus causing the infection. Hepatitis A and E are spread by the consumption of food and drinking water contaminated with infected faeces; faecal-oral spread. Hepatitis B, C and D are spread by contact with blood or other body fluids from an infected person; blood-borne spread.
    When you fart, gas comes out, things like Hydrogen sulphide are the ones that smell. There is very little particles of "poo" that come out, specially through clothing. And even so, the risks would be about nil.

You're not going to get Hepatitis from someone farting, even if you did have eproctophilia.

ReputationRep:
    Fine, I'll contribute to this farce.

When you fart, gas comes out, things like Hydrogen sulphide are the ones that smell. There is very little particles of "poo" that come out, specially through clothing. And even so, the risks would be about nil.

You're not going to get Hepatitis from someone farting, even if you did have eproctophilia.
    yeah i appreciate it is rare but as long as you can see that it can happen. So through this way of spreading the disease it can only be A and E you would contract?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muel86)
    yeah i appreciate it is rare but as long as you can see that it can happen. So through this way of spreading the disease it can only be A and E you would contract?
    I think 'rare' is an understatement. Its just no... no. You would have to have big enough faecal parts in the air to have the virus in them, and get infected... its just... no.

ReputationRep:
    I think 'rare' is an understatement. Its just no... no. You would have to have big enough faecal parts in the air to have the virus in them, and get infected... its just... no.
    i dont really wanna sound crude, but if the fart was particularly big and wet and the person was really infected its got to raise the chances

ReputationRep:
    This is one of the most hilarious threads I've read in a while. You're worried about contracting hep from farts?! :rofl:
    If you are seriously worried about it, (then it'll probably be the least of a list of problems you have) then let me reassure you that it's impossible. The particle size and the mechanics of it just wouldn't work. My authority on the matter is having had to see through hours of biosafety training recently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    This is one of the most hilarious threads I've read in a while. You're worried about contracting hep from farts?! :rofl:
    If you are seriously worried about it, (then it'll probably be the least of a list of problems you have) then let me reassure you that it's impossible. The particle size and the mechanics of it just wouldn't work. My authority on the matter is having had to see through hours of biosafety training recently
    nice, so its even a concern in bisafety training? im not worried, i realsie thats its rare, im no more worried than say dying in a plane crash, i just kow at the back of my mind it can happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rehehelly)
    The only way you'd send poo everywhere is if you fart with your pants/trousers down.

INTO SOMEONES FACE.
    :laughing:

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you didn't read my post? It's impossible.

ReputationRep:
    One doesn't discuss farts in Britain, grow up :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I now realise its imposible, but my grandfather worked in the 50s with the perfectly safe material: asbestos.

So just incase in years to come it turns out this is all in fact possible, would propose the folowing solution:

Butt plugs used, however in the form of a whistle, this way there is no danger of trapped air, with the added benifit of a REALLY EARLY warning system, especially those "Silent but Violent" ones. Also by preventing the build up of trapped wind, it prevents the plug becoming a high speed projectile.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.