Hookup with friend’s flatmate - CONFUSED

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Sorry if this is long!

At my uni there is a big end of term party for the students and my friend L had invited me to go with her and her flat, who I didn’t know at all. She has also been sleeping with her flatmate for the last few months so she told me to work out which guy she was sleeping with.

As I was looking around I make eye contact with one of the guys, and he starts talking to me and L. Fast forward through the night and we’re all really drunk - he buys me a drink and makes his move and we end up sleeping together.

In the morning he walks me back to my flat, and he gives me his number. We’ve been talking for about a week already and we get on really well, but I’m kind of confused:

- no hookup I’ve had before has led to consistent conversation afterwards
- he’s gone home for the summer so I don’t know if he wants us to keep talking over the holidays
- he said “see you soon” as he left and I don’t know why he said that (see above)
- he hasn’t mentioned anything about seeing me again
- the only reference we’ve made to the night we hooked up was me joking about cataloguing drunken regrets, to which he said he didn’t regret the night at all
- there was a second party that L and her flat went to that I didn’t and the guy didn’t go to that one either - I’m probably overthinking this

I haven’t seen L yet, so I haven’t had the chance to talk things through with her

TL;DR: hooked up with a friends flatmate and we’re now talking and really getting along but I don’t know if he’s doing it just to be nice to me
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Why aren't you discussing this with him, instead of random strangers on the internet?
Surnia
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Of course we are, but we have to remember that posts are made by mere mortals without such incredible psychic abities 🧠
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
Why aren't you discussing this with him, instead of random strangers on the internet?
Fair enough, I’ll rephrase my question then - how do I bring it up, and what sort of thing should I say? I’m only agonising over this cause he’s my friend’s flatmate, I wouldn’t care otherwise
Surnia
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Fair enough, I’ll rephrase my question then - how do I bring it up, and what sort of thing should I say? I’m only agonising over this cause he’s my friend’s flatmate, I wouldn’t care otherwise
It doesn't matter that he's anyone's flatmate, just ask him on a date!
Muttly
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
He has shown interest in you that is beyond the overnight stuff.

He is also putting himself on the line to encourage you to respond, so get in there is you enjoy his company.

Get back in touch and arrange to meet somewhere busy, and just see where this takes you. You've said all the things were good, enjoy each others company blah blah blah. Just what are you waiting for? Oh yes, waiting for a blue moon? If you don't like him don't respond but you are missing the subtle cues to respond here if you do like him. Come on girl (or guy)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Muttly)
He has shown interest in you that is beyond the overnight stuff.

He is also putting himself on the line to encourage you to respond, so get in there is you enjoy his company.

Get back in touch and arrange to meet somewhere busy, and just see where this takes you. You've said all the things were good, enjoy each others company blah blah blah. Just what are you waiting for? Oh yes, waiting for a blue moon? If you don't like him don't respond but you are missing the subtle cues to respond here if you do like him. Come on girl (or guy)
I’d go ahead and do all that, cause that’s what I’ve been thinking too, but it’s just before the summer, so we’d be apart anyway, and it doesn’t look like he’s staying at my uni for his masters, so it’s kind of a dead end.

Plus he’s already gone home for the summer so I couldn’t meet him even if I wanted to
Surnia
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Plus he’s already gone home for the summer so I couldn’t meet him even if I wanted to
So how far away is he from you?
Anonymous #1
I’m not sure - 2/3 hours I think
Anonymous #1
Like 2/3 hours I think
londonmyst
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
He's interested in staying in touch with you.
Either for casual sex or casual dating.

If you're interested in either, you know what to do.
If not, move on and gradually end all interaction with him.
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69%
In the post (4)
4%
Text (13)
13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14%

Watched Threads