Require help with Previous study section

Watch this thread
mah1000000
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I have previously studied for a different degree and suspended my studies for a variety of personal reasons.

I currently hold a place for a new course starting September 2022 and need help with the previous study section of my new application.

Firstly, as I left my course early I only achieved a UG cert Law as opposed to the full LLB so do I put the name of my course and level of study as LLB Law (Degree) or should I mark it as UG Cert?

Furthermore, it asks if I achieved a qualification but does not allow me to clarify what level of qualification? I don't want the application to display I achieved a full degree when I didn't as this would preclude me from further finance. So should I mark 'Did you achieve a qualification?' as Yes or No?

Kind regards,
Max.
SFE Erin N
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mah1000000)
Hi,

I have previously studied for a different degree and suspended my studies for a variety of personal reasons.

I currently hold a place for a new course starting September 2022 and need help with the previous study section of my new application.

Firstly, as I left my course early I only achieved a UG cert Law as opposed to the full LLB so do I put the name of my course and level of study as LLB Law (Degree) or should I mark it as UG Cert?

Furthermore, it asks if I achieved a qualification but does not allow me to clarify what level of qualification? I don't want the application to display I achieved a full degree when I didn't as this would preclude me from further finance. So should I mark 'Did you achieve a qualification?' as Yes or No?

Kind regards,
Max.
Hi There,

You’d need to complete this section stating that you studied the LLB law degree course and state that you didn’t receive a qualification. This way it won’t affect the processing of your application.

Thanks, Erin N
mah1000000
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SFE Erin N)
Hi There,

You’d need to complete this section stating that you studied the LLB law degree course and state that you didn’t receive a qualification. This way it won’t affect the processing of your application.

Thanks, Erin N
Hi Erin,

Thank you very much for your help.

As I won't be eligible for a tuition loan for the entirety of my new degree should my assessment reflect this when I receive it? E.g. Will my SFE assessment have my Tuition loan marked as £0 for my first academic year?

Kind regards,
Max.
Lynsey SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mah1000000)
Hi Erin,

Thank you very much for your help.

As I won't be eligible for a tuition loan for the entirety of my new degree should my assessment reflect this when I receive it? E.g. Will my SFE assessment have my Tuition loan marked as £0 for my first academic year?

Kind regards,
Max.
Hello Max,

Your Notification of Entitlement (NOE) would show 0 Tuition Fees if you're not entitled to them.

You may wish us to consider you for Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR), which could potentially award an extra year of support. In order to apply for CPR we will require evidence to confirm the reasons you could not continue with your studies, when this was and it must be signed and dated, the following list can be considered for CPR:
• Medical evidence from a GP on headed paper
• Letter from University on headed paper
• Letter from Social Services on headed paper
• Letter from clergy or professional person on headed paper
• Death Certificate
• A Birth Certificate
You can find more information here 👉 http://ow.ly/t3B230pNUS9

Thanks, Lynsey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69.7%
In the post (3)
3.03%
Text (13)
13.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14.14%

Watched Threads