Mechanical engineering Beng

Watch this thread
Manan729
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to study mechanical engineering at university as I have a strong passion for maths and physics. I don’t really know that much about mechanical engineering per say but I just wanted to know the workload and if you will have time to do other stuff. What are the typical study hours a day etc. And how hard does it really get.can you also state what uni you attend thanks
Last edited by Manan729; 1 month ago
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Manan729)
I want to study mechanical engineering at university as I have a strong passion for maths and physics. I don’t really know that much about mechanical engineering per say but I just wanted to know the workload and if you will have time to do other stuff. What are the typical study hours a day etc. And how hard does it really get.can you also state what uni you attend thanks
Probably 20hours core contact time per week with more work required for coursework & labs (varies week to week).

You should have plenty of time for going out/sports clubs/hobbies whatever else you are interested in...

How hard is it? Depends on the student, but at times it can be intense but generally if you are willing to put the effort in during exam windows or last week before a big coursework deadline it’s not too bad on the whole.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (28)
19.58%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (33)
23.08%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (75)
52.45%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.9%

Watched Threads