Weightloss journey - Regular updates!

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I'm 16F about 5'1 and 12 and 1/2 stones - in other words I'm obese. Been trying to lose weight for the past, oh, 5 years or so, but I went from toxic diet to toxic diet, mental health crashes and never lost more than half a stone at a time. But that changes today! I'm determined to become a healthy weight and work out regularly. I'll do updates once or twice a week and I'd appreciate people following my journey or giving helpful advice
Anonymous #1
So im going to start going to the gym and hopefully restarting swimming as well. I need to cut down on the sugary foods so any suggestions as to what I could eat when feeling cravings would be helpful!
Anonymous #1
To clarify: When I say regular I mean at least once a week, sorry for any confusion cause @wannabevetnurse. But today I didn't do much exercise (unless hoovering counts lol) but I've avoided sugary foods and still looking to make a gym membership. Maybe I should reattempt home workouts? Although my problem is that I live with my family and so any movement will cause the house to shake lol
Muttly
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Aldi sell sugar free strawberry & cream sweets near the tills (they come in a small box) and are delicious x
Dylanm10
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hi there, hope you're doing well!

In order to lose weight, there are some tips I want to share with you that might be helpful. First of all, you need to check the regular intake of calories that your body requires by measuring your BMI and then going for a calorie deficit this will slowly and gradually reduce your weight. Make sure your sleeping habits are good they are also very important if you want to recover from exercise. you can eat all kinds of food but there's a limit to how much of that you can eat, you can treat yourself or allow yourself some sort of treats as a positive reinforcement if you are able to complete your exercise goals. Losing weight is a slow and gradual ongoing process it won't be done in a day so please don't go too hard on yourself but on the flip side don't lie to yourself as well when you have decided on doing particular things do it nicely for eg don't skip reps or sets of exercises if it gets too hard once you've decided to follow a path! you'll do great best wishes to you!
londonmyst
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Congratulations on deciding to embark upon the long & difficult journey towards changing your mindset, habits, weight and visible body appearances.
So many people become so obsessed with food dieting to drop a few sizes or intensive exercise routines to bulk up visible muscle that they quickly forget that the weightloss journey is most about harnessing willpower to begin changing ambitions, mindset and long term lifestyle habits.

Try to drink more still unflavoured water to help reduce your water weight.
Increase your daily exercise workouts, starting with short youtube workouts from people like Emi Wong, Gabriella Whited and Lucy Wyndham-Read.
Emi and Gabriella have workouts that you can do in bed or sitting on the sofa.
If you can try to homecook most of your daily meals from scratch and reduce your portion sizes.
Avoid takeaways, ready meals, booze with high sugar content and unhealthy packaged snacks that are fried or contain a lot of salt/sugar/saturated fats.
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (42)
28.77%
Take a gap year (23)
15.75%
Resit my exams (40)
27.4%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.01%
I don't know yet (16)
10.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.11%

Watched Threads