SFE taking away 2023 loans for 2021/22 loan overpayment ??

Watch this thread
JiJi04
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What do i do?

Last year I applied and got around £4k. I reapplied and was granted the full maintenance loan by also filling out the application form provided for 15% household income drop cause my mum lost her job during the pandemic.

I reapplied for this yr a while ago and my parents filled in the form they received in an email by SFE and submitted it.

But SFE emailed back saying they either didn’t receive the evidence or that they didn’t get all the evidence they needed. As a result I have an overpayment and so not entitled to any SFE for my 2nd year.

I don’t know what to do?? My mum is unemployed and does not live with my dad anymore. They’re not legally separated, my mums just living with her parents abroad at the moment and has done since last year august.

Could I get some help? My dad earns £30k and has 4 dependants including myself. And I would really struggle with no maintenance loan.

I’m not sure how I can declare my mum gets 0 income?
Lynsey SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JiJi04)
What do i do?

Last year I applied and got around £4k. I reapplied and was granted the full maintenance loan by also filling out the application form provided for 15% household income drop cause my mum lost her job during the pandemic.

I reapplied for this yr a while ago and my parents filled in the form they received in an email by SFE and submitted it.

But SFE emailed back saying they either didn’t receive the evidence or that they didn’t get all the evidence they needed. As a result I have an overpayment and so not entitled to any SFE for my 2nd year.

I don’t know what to do?? My mum is unemployed and does not live with my dad anymore. They’re not legally separated, my mums just living with her parents abroad at the moment and has done since last year august.

Could I get some help? My dad earns £30k and has 4 dependants including myself. And I would really struggle with no maintenance loan.

I’m not sure how I can declare my mum gets 0 income?
Hello,

I would suggest sending us a live chat/secure message via your online account or call us on 0300 100 0607, we can then look into this with you.

Thanks, Lynsey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads