Postgraduate funding and SFE entitlement

Watch this thread
Orwell84
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have called student finance England about this query..they say I would theoretically be entitled to the doctoral loan...however I'd be gutted if I was a successful applicant to then not be awarded the funding. I just want to be certain things will be okay.

The post is a graduate teaching assistant (GTA) PhD. It is stipend amount but does not state it is through a research council. However , it mentions GTA bursery; would this effect entitlement?

If anyone has experience of postdoctoral funding please get in touch.

Cheers.
Lynsey SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Orwell84)
I have called student finance England about this query..they say I would theoretically be entitled to the doctoral loan...however I'd be gutted if I was a successful applicant to then not be awarded the funding. I just want to be certain things will be okay.

The post is a graduate teaching assistant (GTA) PhD. It is stipend amount but does not state it is through a research council. However , it mentions GTA bursery; would this effect entitlement?

If anyone has experience of postdoctoral funding please get in touch.

Cheers.
Hello,

Students who are in receipt of any of the following will not be eligible to receive a PGD loan:

Research Council (RC) studentships, stipends, scholarships and tuition fee support

Thanks, Lynsey.
Orwell84
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Lynsey SFE)
Hello,

Students who are in receipt of any of the following will not be eligible to receive a PGD loan:

Research Council (RC) studentships, stipends, scholarships and tuition fee support

Thanks, Lynsey.
Hi Lynsey,

Thanks, so just to clarify if it is from the university (not research council), then I would be able to claim a postdoctoral loan?
Graeme SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Orwell84)
Hi Lynsey,

Thanks, so just to clarify if it is from the university (not research council), then I would be able to claim a postdoctoral loan?
Hi there,

Yes, that's right - so long as this isn't from a Research Council you'll be fine to apply for the Postgraduate Doctoral Loan.

Thanks, Graeme
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (132)
40%
They're exactly what I expected (80)