Anyone else?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm not looking for techniques to cope with it or life advice, I'd rather someone just empathised with me and understood how I'm feeling. Basically I've been feeling lonely for the past 2 years, and no matter how much I try to I can't deny that it's affecting my mental health. I haven't felt close to anyone in 2 years and I hate it. It's made me bitter and resentful on the inside when I see other people, just random people having a good time together. I completely underestimated how much it would affect me. I have friends but no close friends, no one who really asks how I am or knows what's fully going on in my life. It hurts to put effort into friendships but receive practically zero in return. These thankless relationships have made me feel like I'll never connect with anyone, whether in love or friendship, even if that's not rational. Now I'm just chasing a feeling I'm scared I'll never get to experience again. And more than that, I miss just feeling excited or euphoric, or whatever else makes you feel alive. Life feels dull and joyless. Even the simplest things would cheer me up but other people need to be willing to play ball . Anyone else ever felt like this? Thanks for reading my novel lol.
hyacinth77
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm not looking for techniques to cope with it or life advice, I'd rather someone just empathised with me and understood how I'm feeling. Basically I've been feeling lonely for the past 2 years, and no matter how much I try to I can't deny that it's affecting my mental health. I haven't felt close to anyone in 2 years and I hate it. It's made me bitter and resentful on the inside when I see other people, just random people having a good time together. I completely underestimated how much it would affect me. I have friends but no close friends, no one who really asks how I am or knows what's fully going on in my life. It hurts to put effort into friendships but receive practically zero in return. These thankless relationships have made me feel like I'll never connect with anyone, whether in love or friendship, even if that's not rational. Now I'm just chasing a feeling I'm scared I'll never get to experience again. And more than that, I miss just feeling excited or euphoric, or whatever else makes you feel alive. Life feels dull and joyless. Even the simplest things would cheer me up but other people need to be willing to play ball . Anyone else ever felt like this? Thanks for reading my novel lol
Unfortunately I'm in a very similar situation to you. And I've been in this situation for a while now. Sometimes it feels like no matter what I do, no one will really understand me or even want to try to get who I am as person. Don't get me wrong I'm very grateful for the friends I have now but sometimes I distance myself from them for no reason at all. But the whole idea of starting a whole relationship absolutely terrifies me. I think I'll just be alone for the rest of my life to be honest. I don't think I have anyone in my life currently who I can consider to be a best friend, or at least I don't think any of my friends would see me in that way.

I don't have any advice I can give you currently. Just to not give up and keep going through the motions. It can't last forever
Wishing you all the best
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (25)
31.65%
They're exactly what I expected (23)