is it possible to improve

Watch this thread
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
im in year 12 and currently forecasted BBC is it possible to improve it to ABB at the least?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 273544)
im in year 12 and currently forecasted BBC is it possible to improve it to ABB at the least?
Are you going to give up if not?

Try your best anyway and you may be surprised.
Rep:
(Original post by ecolier)
Are you going to give up if not?

Try your best anyway and you may be surprised.
no i wouldn't i just want to know whenever it seems possible to improve that much or if its possible i don't want to get my hopes up x
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
no i wouldn't i just want to know whenever it seems possible to improve that much or if its possible i don't want to get my hopes up x
Anything is possible with enough work, but then again it may not be.

No one here will know the answer (for your individual circumstances) - don't get your hopes up, but don't give up either. As I said, you may even get AAA... no one knows.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Which subjects?
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi there.

As ecolier has said we can't say for sure. I would say that if try your best then you can't regret not giving it your all.

Best wishes.
Rep:
(Original post by ecolier)
Anything is possible with enough work, but then again it may not be.

No one here will know the answer (for your individual circumstances) - don't get your hopes up, but don't give up either. As I said, you may even get AAA... no one knows.
that's true i will just need to put more hard work in.... hopefully my grades will flourish especially as next year i will officially finish the courses but i still feel really nervous. also this might sound stupid and you may not know the answer to it but is it possible to apply for universities with higher grade than you're predicated (only by 2 grades max)?x
Rep:
(Original post by Muttley79)
Which subjects?
the main three are literature, maths and physics
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
the main three are literature, maths and physics
Are you prepared to work over the summer? Have you had your Year 12 exam papers back?

I teach Maths and can point you at good resources.
Rep:
Are you prepared to work over the summer? Have you had your Year 12 exam papers back?

honestly i will do whatever to get my grades to be higher and less 'average'
no i haven't got them back
and please share if possible thank you x
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
honestly i will do whatever to get my grades to be higher and less 'average'
no i haven't got them back
and please share if possible thank you x
Lots of great websites:

Dr Frost has PPTs with worked examples: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/sow.php...2017&term=Main

TLMaths: https://sites.google.com/view/tlmath.../a-level-maths

MathsMadeEasy: https://mathsmadeeasy.co.uk/a-level-...vision/#Revise

Mr Barton: http://www.mrbartonmaths.com/students/a-level/

Try those - see which ones you prefer.
Rep:
Lots of great websites:

Dr Frost has PPTs with worked examples: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/sow.php...2017&term=Main

MathsMadeEasy: https://mathsmadeeasy.co.uk/a-level-...vision/#Revise

Mr Barton: http://www.mrbartonmaths.com/students/a-level/

Try those - see which ones you prefer.
thank you so much!!
StudyMind
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Heya! I know it may seem impossible right now but with enough hard work and better revision techniques, you could improve your grades!

To begin with I'd recommend looking over your revision technique - is it effective for YOU? Everyone is different and everyone learns differently, try googling different revision techniques and see which ones would suit you best. Personally I am a practical learner so I did tons of past papers rather than spending too much time reading the books and made myself do mocks as well (sit for 1hr doing past papers without looking at the answers and marking myself critically or have my tutor mark my work). This really helped me with maths especially! My friends were more of visual learners so theyd have tons of colour coded notes and flashcards. I would also recommend having a dedicated notebook on specific subject. It helped me a lot with taking notes or finding notes and it might help you too

There is also tons of time to start your revision and preparing for the exams over the summer! Perhaps dedicate 1 or 2 hrs every other day on your revision. Identify your weak points and start going through them first. If it helps, here are free resources and free blogs to help with your revision and notes! I would also contact your teacher and go over your mocks and have them explain what you did wrong/ how to improve.

Have you also considered an A-level tutor? They help you with revision and to understand the material better through personalised revision plans. If you are interested here is the link, but you are not obligated to! Study Mind also has tons of free resources and useful tips to help you with your revision

Hope this helps and good luck!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Hana_parsonss
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It is definitely possible, in my year 12 mocks I got grades BBC , whereas in my year 13 mocks I got grades AAB. Through my experience I’d say it’s definitely possible to achieve ABB or higher in year 13

Btw I took maths, English lit and further maths so our subjects weren’t too different

My advice is make use of the practice papers for maths and get comfortable with utilising the calculator and formula booklet. The more practice papers you do the less exams can surprise you. Also work harder on topic you’re not so confident in.

For English, honestly listen to your teachers advice and don’t do what I did and leave the NEA to the last minute (if you have one), also if you’re not adding context, the most you can get is 16/25 marks (which is approx a B grade), so add the context!!! Also do practice essay plans, they really helped me out

For physics I can’t really help with that haha

A levels are really hard and I know it seems impossible, but trust me it is possible, just takes some work. I wish you the best of luck for your a levels.

I hope this helped
Last edited by Hana_parsonss; 1 month ago
chemasterpiece_
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Nothing is impossible! With the right mindset and drive to improve, anything is possible. Don't give up, You can do it!
Rep:
(Original post by Hana_parsonss)
It is definitely possible, in my year 12 mocks I got grades BBC , whereas in my year 13 mocks I got grades AAB. Through my experience I’d say it’s definitely possible to achieve ABB or higher in year 13

Btw I took maths, English lit and further maths so our subjects weren’t too different

My advice is make use of the practice papers for maths and get comfortable with utilising the calculator and formula booklet. The more practice papers you do the less exams can surprise you. Also work harder on topic you’re not so confident in.

For English, honestly listen to your teachers advice and don’t do what I did and leave the NEA to the last minute (if you have one), also if you’re not adding context, the most you can get is 16/25 marks (which is approx a B grade), so add the context!!! Also do practice essay plans, they really helped me out

For physics I can’t really help with that haha

A levels are really hard and I know it seems impossible, but trust me it is possible, just takes some work. I wish you the best of luck for your a levels.

I hope this helped
thank you so much for the advice, you're a star!! if you can do it, i can!! thank you this actually gave me soo much motivations knowing that it's possible can't thank you enough x
Rep:
(Original post by StudyMind)
Heya! I know it may seem impossible right now but with enough hard work and better revision techniques, you could improve your grades!

To begin with I'd recommend looking over your revision technique - is it effective for YOU? Everyone is different and everyone learns differently, try googling different revision techniques and see which ones would suit you best. Personally I am a practical learner so I did tons of past papers rather than spending too much time reading the books and made myself do mocks as well (sit for 1hr doing past papers without looking at the answers and marking myself critically or have my tutor mark my work). This really helped me with maths especially! My friends were more of visual learners so theyd have tons of colour coded notes and flashcards. I would also recommend having a dedicated notebook on specific subject. It helped me a lot with taking notes or finding notes and it might help you too

There is also tons of time to start your revision and preparing for the exams over the summer! Perhaps dedicate 1 or 2 hrs every other day on your revision. Identify your weak points and start going through them first. If it helps, here are free resources and free blogs to help with your revision and notes! I would also contact your teacher and go over your mocks and have them explain what you did wrong/ how to improve.

Have you also considered an A-level tutor? They help you with revision and to understand the material better through personalised revision plans. If you are interested here is the link, but you are not obligated to! Study Mind also has tons of free resources and useful tips to help you with your revision

Hope this helps and good luck!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind
thank you!
Maddie57
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

I’m trying to get my maths up also. Could you possibly share the resources? Thank you
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Maddie57)
I’m trying to get my maths up also. Could you possibly share the resources? Thank you
Of course - make sure you don;t just watch videos but actually spend time doing questions. Post on here with what you've tried when you get stuck

There are loads - try theses and see which you get on with:

Dr Frost: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/sow.php...2017&term=Main

MathsMathsEasy: https://mathsmadeeasy.co.uk/a-level-maths-revision/

There are loads of others too - do talk to your teacher and find out your weaker topics.
Maddie57
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Of course - make sure you don;t just watch videos but actually spend time doing questions. Post on here with what you've tried when you get stuck

There are loads - try theses and see which you get on with:

Dr Frost: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/sow.php...2017&term=Main

MathsMathsEasy: https://mathsmadeeasy.co.uk/a-level-maths-revision/

There are loads of others too - do talk to your teacher and find out your weaker topics.
Wow that’s amazing. Thank you. 😎
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads