Old GCSE confusion

Watch this thread
Missy_9
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
The universities I'm applying to require grade C or above in English Language. But I'm old, and even though the school referred to my two English exams as 'English Language' and 'English Literature' back in 2005 when I took them, my GCSE certificate actually says 'English Literature' and just 'English'. From everything I can find on the AQA website, it was just recorded as English between 2004 and 2012 and may be the same thing as English Language just recorded differently, but I'd really love if anyone knows this for certain and can put my mind at ease! (Or the opposite is fine too) Thanks! 😊
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It will be okay - its such a long time ago, they will not be that nit-picky. Its English, and at the right level - even now it gets called all sorts of things.
Usually for mature applicants old GCSEs etc can be overlooked anyway - they wil be far more inteested in what you have done more recently.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Missy_9)
The universities I'm applying to require grade C or above in English Language. But I'm old, and even though the school referred to my two English exams as 'English Language' and 'English Literature' back in 2005 when I took them, my GCSE certificate actually says 'English Literature' and just 'English'. From everything I can find on the AQA website, it was just recorded as English between 2004 and 2012 and may be the same thing as English Language just recorded differently, but I'd really love if anyone knows this for certain and can put my mind at ease! (Or the opposite is fine too) Thanks! 😊
Yes - it's fine
dbhc2411
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yep! It's fine. Old "English" = English Language
DT1988
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm in the same boat but also at my school I got a qualification in Archery :cool:.
dbhc2411
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DT1988)
I'm in the same boat but also at my school I got a qualification in Archery :cool:.
Oh my God, PLEASE put that on a UCAS application!! That's so obscure and cool!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
70.41%
In the post (3)
3.06%
Text (13)
13.27%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
13.27%

Watched Threads