Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Clio vs. 206 ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Help me decide between a Renault Clio and a Peugeot 206.

It will be my first car and I need it for motorway journeys.

Any experiences (good & bad) and advice much appreciated, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    The new renault clio campus is really nice and drives very well. i strongly recommend that. its better than a 206

ReputationRep:
    Depends how old they are. Have you got two potential ones to buy?
    You have made a hard choice for yourself like lol. I'd say (from a fairly even match) the clio.

ReputationRep:
    renault clio , better looking and is faster.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a 206, the interiors are quite nice compared to the older style clio. It's a nice drive, mine is a diesel though which I find better to drive than a petrol. If you're buying a 'new' car then the clio will probably be better than the 206. Why not have a test drive?

ReputationRep:
    Clio. i hate 206's,

ReputationRep:
    Clio... but don't buy one with a sunroof - it's a fact that most of them leak and are a bugger to fix!

Apart from that I love mine to bits! For the price and age you can get quite a few gadgets in them depending what model you buy.

ReputationRep:
    we have two clios at work. they are horrible little things. and after only 2 years they are falling apart. and working at a renault/peugeot garage, i can tell you that the clios are in for problems a hell of a lot more than 206s are.

but i'm biased. i have a 206. i absolutally love it. it's so much more spacious than a clio. i find the driving position in the clio really awkward too, lacks power... but this is the old shape clio.

i guess the new shape ones aren't so bad, but i don't know whether you would want to fork out for a new shape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gillipies)
    Clio... but don't buy one with a sunroof - it's a fact that most of them leak and are a bugger to fix!

Apart from that I love mine to bits! For the price and age you can get quite a few gadgets in them depending what model you buy.
    Mine leaks too lol

ReputationRep:
    New shaped Clio anyday.

(I'm not biased, I'm a FIAT driver :p: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManUtdFanDean)
    Mine leaks too lol
    Yea my MK1 leaked...

ReputationRep:
    Much of a muchness really. If your doing alot of motorway miles, a 206 1.4 HDi will be a solid bet, it won't use alot of juice and will be cheap to insure & tax. If you go for a Clio with a Dci motor, go for the 80hp not the 65, as although it costs slightly more, it does more to the gallon, and gives more power

ReputationRep:
    i'm plannin to get a 206 as soon as i pass... can get a decent 05 plate one for 3.5k ish... the 1.4 sports are pretty nice! i was also considering a clio, but its too small...and i dont want a corsa..because theres like 10 of them in my school

ReputationRep:
    clio, old and new shape are good little cars, the 206 isnt a bad car but i find the driving position crap and i dont find the 206 particularly good to drive either, however, the peugeot has a better engine and is comfier, the clio is nicer to drive, but the engine isnt as good and its not as comftorble so either way you cant go far wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, guys my budget is £1500 so now which ones best? I think I'm going for a clio....

ReputationRep:
    Clio is a good bet, motorways journeys you'll get pretty good fuel consumption off them. the only downside to mine is the ****** Renault electrics.

Apart from that, not a bad first car (in my case)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 15, 2008
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.