How did you move on from THAT relationship?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
The one where you think this is your soulmate, the long term one, the one where you talk about marriage...
Just need some tips and advice that things do get better :')
gabbyyaustin
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hi! It may seem like you will never be able to not think about them, but you can move on! I found that focusing on myself and doing little things for myself (E.g. going out for walks listening to music) and having fun with friends helped, and also thinking about the relationship as an amazing thing that happened, but had to end helped. Think about all the things you can do now, and don't ignore your emotions but try to think about all the positives now. Having some great, fun conversations with people you really enjoy talking to, and laughing really hard with others helps so much. One day, you'll wake up and they won't be the first thing you think about. This won't last forever! <3333
(Original post by Anonymous)
The one where you think this is your soulmate, the long term one, the one where you talk about marriage...
Just need some tips and advice that things do get better :')
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gabbyyaustin)
Hi! It may seem like you will never be able to not think about them, but you can move on! I found that focusing on myself and doing little things for myself (E.g. going out for walks listening to music) and having fun with friends helped, and also thinking about the relationship as an amazing thing that happened, but had to end helped. Think about all the things you can do now, and don't ignore your emotions but try to think about all the positives now. Having some great, fun conversations with people you really enjoy talking to, and laughing really hard with others helps so much. One day, you'll wake up and they won't be the first thing you think about. This won't last forever! <3333
Quoting for truth! :five:

Re: the listening music suggestion: something that helped me begin to process/move on, was creating different music playlists for that person. So when I felt sad, there'd be a mopey playlist, when I felt angry there'd be a different playlist, etc. It helped me to have some kinda outlet for the emotions - and having different playlists sometimes helped with eliciting different moods from what I was feeling :yep:
gabbyyaustin
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
yesssss
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Quoting for truth! :five:

Re: the listening music suggestion: something that helped me begin to process/move on, was creating different music playlists for that person. So when I felt sad, there'd be a mopey playlist, when I felt angry there'd be a different playlist, etc. It helped me to have some kinda outlet for the emotions - and having different playlists sometimes helped with eliciting different moods from what I was feeling :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.91%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (23)
34.33%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.46%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.49%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.45%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.9%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.99%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.48%

Watched Threads