The Student Room Group

How did you move on from THAT relationship?

The one where you think this is your soulmate, the long term one, the one where you talk about marriage...
Just need some tips and advice that things do get better :')
Hi! It may seem like you will never be able to not think about them, but you can move on! I found that focusing on myself and doing little things for myself (E.g. going out for walks listening to music) and having fun with friends helped, and also thinking about the relationship as an amazing thing that happened, but had to end helped. Think about all the things you can do now, and don't ignore your emotions but try to think about all the positives now. Having some great, fun conversations with people you really enjoy talking to, and laughing really hard with others helps so much. One day, you'll wake up and they won't be the first thing you think about. This won't last forever! <3333
Original post by Anonymous
The one where you think this is your soulmate, the long term one, the one where you talk about marriage...
Just need some tips and advice that things do get better :')
Original post by gabbyyaustin
Hi! It may seem like you will never be able to not think about them, but you can move on! I found that focusing on myself and doing little things for myself (E.g. going out for walks listening to music) and having fun with friends helped, and also thinking about the relationship as an amazing thing that happened, but had to end helped. Think about all the things you can do now, and don't ignore your emotions but try to think about all the positives now. Having some great, fun conversations with people you really enjoy talking to, and laughing really hard with others helps so much. One day, you'll wake up and they won't be the first thing you think about. This won't last forever! <3333

Quoting for truth! :five:

Re: the listening music suggestion: something that helped me begin to process/move on, was creating different music playlists for that person. So when I felt sad, there'd be a mopey playlist, when I felt angry there'd be a different playlist, etc. It helped me to have some kinda outlet for the emotions - and having different playlists sometimes helped with eliciting different moods from what I was feeling :yep:
yesssss
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Quoting for truth! :five:

Re: the listening music suggestion: something that helped me begin to process/move on, was creating different music playlists for that person. So when I felt sad, there'd be a mopey playlist, when I felt angry there'd be a different playlist, etc. It helped me to have some kinda outlet for the emotions - and having different playlists sometimes helped with eliciting different moods from what I was feeling :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending