I’m doing work experience next year.

Watch this thread
username5956706
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m doing work experience at school next year. However, I’m worried I will not be accepted into a job because of a past string of incidents where I unintentionally hurt peoples’ feelings and made them sad. I don’t want to make people sad and I’m normally good behaved. I’m taking a new approach to life, as exam stress and several other factors led to me having an outburst and snapping at people without meaning it. I don’t want to snap at people. I’m worried that employers will refuse to let me work at their business during work experience based on this one time.
dbhc2411
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by StupidMan12345)
I’m doing work experience at school next year. However, I’m worried I will not be accepted into a job because of a past string of incidents where I unintentionally hurt peoples’ feelings and made them sad. I don’t want to make people sad and I’m normally good behaved. I’m taking a new approach to life, as exam stress and several other factors led to me having an outburst and snapping at people without meaning it. I don’t want to snap at people. I’m worried that employers will refuse to let me work at their business during work experience based on this one time.
Is this the Year 10 work experience?

Your work experience co-ordinator shouldn't divulge any of that information to your work experience placement providers, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's good that you are wondering about it, because it shows that you know your past behaviours are not good in the workplace; so use that as an opportunity to keep in mind the consequences of your outbursts for the future.

Good luck and have fun during your work experience
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads