Travel Insurance is your friend Watch

This discussion is closed.
Evil Muffin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Didn't have it, got ill, have to pay £4,600. Any rich Arabs out there?
ladyshort4u
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol - I guess travel insurance is good but I travel SO much that it's a b**** to fork out those payments when nothing ever happenz to me...oh well...better be safe than sorry eh!?
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ladyshort4u)
lol - I guess travel insurance is good but I travel SO much that it's a b**** to fork out those payments when nothing ever happenz to me...oh well...better be safe than sorry eh!?
why dont you just get insurance for a year instead of each time you travel
ladyshort4u
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by trigger)
why dont you just get insurance for a year instead of each time you travel
yeh I do...
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeh I do...
ok then
bestdeceptions
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Where's the best place to get it from? I've booked my holiday without it because I know they charge you huge amounts extra whereas you can get it for the normal price elsewhere. Anyone know where?

Also sorry to hear that Evil Muffin
ladyshort4u
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bestdeceptions)
Where's the best place to get it from? I've booked my holiday without it because I know they charge you huge amounts extra whereas you can get it for the normal price elsewhere. Anyone know where?

well I got mine with worldwide travel insurance

they are really good and give you loads of benefits...also they are not as expensive as other travel insurance places...go for it - its like 120 pounds for something like 6 months!
Flicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
my travel insurance was £15 for the year
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i found the post office and tesco are both really cheap

lou xxx
ladyshort4u
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by allisandro)
my travel insurance was £15 for the year

WHAT :eek: FROM WHERE?? and I thought mine was good. But then again what does your's offer in terms of insurance...what benefits?
Flicker
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
WHAT :eek: FROM WHERE?? and I thought mine was good. But then again what does your's offer in terms of insurance...what benefits?
i think it's called direct travel insurance...just covers europe as well. covers injury illness and theft i think.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

http://www.snowcard.co.uk/ are good - especially if you're planning on doing anything more exciting than lying on the beach :cool:
ladyshort4u
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by allisandro)
i think it's called direct travel insurance...just covers europe as well. covers injury illness and theft i think.
OHHHHHHH it just cover's Europe - that explains it then! Mine's worldwide hence the name "worldwide travel insurance" because I travel around a lot so I need worldwide as I dont only travel in Europe - in fact I never travel in Europe! lol phew i don't feel so cheated now
ladyshort4u
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mitch11)
travel insurance ****ing sucks wats the point in traveling anyway

lol hmmm well - I love to travel. I love to learn about other cultures and experience different walks of life in different surroundings. I've done work in London, Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore, India and Africa in the summer. And I feel that I have become such a well-rounded person who is aware of different ways of life. I want to travel to a lot more places and I think my life is going to revolve around travelling. BUt it's ok because my fiance loves to travel to...But...That's just me...
Evil Muffin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago

Thanks. I just went to the student advice centre - looks like its gonna be a tough one.
Ynox
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i'm on the same insurance policy as the rest of my family. Got it through marks and spencers- was under £200 per annum. Could be a good way of getting relatively cheap travel insurance? Travelling without insurance is stupidity- when I was backpacking last summer some guys had their bags nicked and didn't have insurance, this cost them a fair whack.
Flicker
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
OHHHHHHH it just cover's Europe - that explains it then! Mine's worldwide hence the name "worldwide travel insurance" because I travel around a lot so I need worldwide as I dont only travel in Europe - in fact I never travel in Europe! lol phew i don't feel so cheated now
yeah i thought that yours must be worldwide. however, london is in europe :P
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
9.52%
They might tell the bully (4)
19.05%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
14.29%
It might lead to more bullying (7)
33.33%
There's nothing they could do (5)
23.81%

Watched Threads