Friendship

Watch this thread
kerry.woollands
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m ready to end my friendships with two of my close friends. They treat me badly and I deserve better. We haven’t talked in a while because they keep going out without inviting me and so I don’t see them anymore. It’s one of their birthdays tomorrow and I was going to do the whole fading out friendship out and lose contact but they don’t know I don’t want to really talk to them anymore so I don’t know wether to send her happy birthday. If I put too many hearts and stuff or send it then she might think I’m ok with how they treat me and everything is fine between us which it isn’t. Or do I not message her because she doesn’t want me in her life so why should I ?
Max1989
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Just don't do anything, don't reignite the flame just let it fizzle out. If they don't want you in their life stop trying to think they have a place in yours either.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kerry.woollands)
I’m ready to end my friendships with two of my close friends. They treat me badly and I deserve better. We haven’t talked in a while because they keep going out without inviting me and so I don’t see them anymore. It’s one of their birthdays tomorrow and I was going to do the whole fading out friendship out and lose contact but they don’t know I don’t want to really talk to them anymore so I don’t know wether to send her happy birthday. If I put too many hearts and stuff or send it then she might think I’m ok with how they treat me and everything is fine between us which it isn’t. Or do I not message her because she doesn’t want me in her life so why should I ?
Hey there,

Well from my experience I’ve realised that sometimes you just have to trust your gut. I’ve had many friendships and have ended up in similar situations to what your explaining above. What I would do is simply stop reaching out. If you feel like they aren’t giving you as much as energy as you are to them then simply stop engaging and find better friends.

When in a friendship you should never feel like they are treating you badly because then that’s not friendship. To them it might look like friendship but if your not feeling the mutual respect I say move on.

I mean the definition of friendship is a relationship of mutual affection. It is clear you don’t feel the same way.

Friends come and go and ik it’s cliche but it’s better to have few friends rather than toxic friends. Ofc you know the situation best but I’d say make sure you respect urself and do what you think is right for ur future and yourself. If you can answer that your on your way.

But judging from what your saying I’d say find better friends. If they exclude you from things and don’t reach out I wouldn’t call them close friends at all. They haven’t reached out to you in ages which clearly shows they aren’t making an effort.

I would say don’t reach out and say happy birthday. If they left you out and aren’t engaging w u there is no need. You can if you want but I mean… I don’t really see the point.

Good luck w this endeavour! You got this
kerry.woollands
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey there,

Well from my experience I’ve realised that sometimes you just have to trust your gut. I’ve had many friendships and have ended up in similar situations to what your explaining above. What I would do is simply stop reaching out. If you feel like they aren’t giving you as much as energy as you are to them then simply stop engaging and find better friends.

When in a friendship you should never feel like they are treating you badly because then that’s not friendship. To them it might look like friendship but if your not feeling the mutual respect I say move on.

I mean the definition of friendship is a relationship of mutual affection. It is clear you don’t feel the same way.

Friends come and go and ik it’s cliche but it’s better to have few friends rather than toxic friends. Ofc you know the situation best but I’d say make sure you respect urself and do what you think is right for ur future and yourself. If you can answer that your on your way.

But judging from what your saying I’d say find better friends. If they exclude you from things and don’t reach out I wouldn’t call them close friends at all. They haven’t reached out to you in ages which clearly shows they aren’t making an effort.

I would say don’t reach out and say happy birthday. If they left you out and aren’t engaging w u there is no need. You can if you want but I mean… I don’t really see the point.

Good luck w this endeavour! You got this
Thank you so much for the advice it has really helped this is a big decision for me and you’ve made me feel a lot better about the situation , I’m ready to move past friends who don’t care about me the way I do them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads