Extenuating circumstance claim rejected

Watch this thread
Amni333
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all, hoping for a bit of advice here. Ive been suffering from depression this past year and was unable to submit my work. I applied for an extenuating circumstance which was rejected because my fit notes case assessed section is showing a post dated time to my assessment deadline. However, I did see an online GP before the assessment date, but didn’t think to get any sort of evidence at the time as I didn’t know I would need to apply for an extension.

I asked the provider to state this with the exact date I first seeked help. The bottom section of the fit note clearly states that it begins from two days before my submission date.

This situation has worsened my mental health and I have no idea how to go about with this. Anyone have any advice? Thank you
Last edited by Amni333; 1 month ago
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
You say that, "The bottom section of the fit note clearly states that it begins from two days before my submission date" and that "I didn’t know I would need to apply for an extension." Does that mean that at the time of this consultation with an on-line GP, which was only two days before submission date, you were still fully expecting and intending to submit the work on time? That suggests that the work was largely complete (was it?) or that it was so small that it could be completed in a couple of days (was it?). Have I got that right?

You say "my fit notes case assessed section is showing a post dated time to my assessment deadline". Was this fit note the result of a separate consultation with a separate GP which took place after the assessment deadline? So you didn't get a fit note as a result of the first consultation (because you didn't, at that time, think you'd need one) but when you did obtain a fit note on the second consultation you asked them to add a comment to the effect that you'd been seeking help since two days before the submission deadline. Have I understood that correctly?

When did you apply for the extenuating circumstances extension? Was it before the assessment deadline or after it? If you applied for the extension before the submission deadline (which I assume would be a requirement) than I don't understand how you managed to include a fit note from a consultation which hadn't yet happened. My guess is this is what they have an issue with.

Surely you need to apply for an extension before the deadline? Or is that not the case? Are you allowed to apply for an extension after the deadline has been passed? If so, for how long after?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69.7%
In the post (3)
3.03%
Text (13)
13.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14.14%

Watched Threads