Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well recently I found out the guy I had been dating for several months has a girlfriend back in his country (he goes back to his home, Brazil, in Feb after spending a year studying in London). I know that what we had was nothing entirely seriously since hes living in February but it still hurt that he lied to me since I had feelings for him.

Anyway, the problem is, is that I work with him, so I will see him atleast 3 times a week untill he goes back to Brazil. I want advice on how I can show him that I am over him, that I can do much better and that I basically don't care.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Don't talk to him like it's your friend. It's just a working colleague. NOTHING ELSE. So don't wait for him after work to take the bus together, don't go on coffee break with him...
    It's not your friend!

ReputationRep:
    Just act confident around him, dont show him that he has hurt you and just show that your a strong woman and you've got over it. Maybe drop a few words in about a guy you've been seeing sometimes. Will kill him!

ReputationRep:
    don't make conversation just commands and acknowledgments to what they say - thus you will not break the friend barrier

Tell his girlfriend what he's done. =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicideCommando)
    Tell his girlfriend what he's done. =)
    I'd love to :P but shes in brazil.

(Original post by NicolePickle)
    I'd love to :P but shes in brazil.
    There's always a way, m'love.

ReputationRep:
    get a guy who is even fitter, and at the work party or while he's around just go for it with the new guy.. sorted, not only will he feel embrassed but he'll realise what he's missing out on. jackass
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chevman)
    Don't be vindictive.Trying to show-off for him is just unnecesary affectation but something is certain, and that is the fact that he has wronged you and what goes around comes around.

Just bow out of the relationship straight away,February or no February.You also have to learn your lesson for the future.
    im sorry, but you really dont know what vindictive is then!! he was a complete pleb to her so she deservess to lol xx

ReputationRep:
    If you don't care then why do you want to prove something to him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)

'Nuff said.

Girls are so insufferably confused all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    :yep: :gthumb: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I dont think I explained myself clearly enough. I DO care and I'm still hurting about it however I don't want him to know this. I was just looking for advice on how I can put on a front.

ReputationRep:
    dont talk to him about havin another guy coz that would just make it sound like your TRYING to make him jealous. just ignore him and only talk when necassary. simple.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.