Order in which you put your UCAS preferences

Watch this thread
Feliciatgoat
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I was wondering if it really matters that much which order you put your UCAS unis ur applying to in. I really want to get into LSE for Law in 2023, however know they have a 1/5 offer rate. They would be my top choice. KCL have a 1/3 offer rate, and I was wondering if I was to put KCL 3rd would this be visible to the uni, and would it be disadvantaging my application as it’s quite far down my list? Also as KCL and LSE are linked would they be able to see that I’ve applied to both of them? This sounds like such a stupid question now that I’m typing it out I just can’t find the answer anywhere. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Feliciatgoat)
Hi,

I was wondering if it really matters that much which order you put your UCAS unis ur applying to in. I really want to get into LSE for Law in 2023, however know they have a 1/5 offer rate. They would be my top choice. KCL have a 1/3 offer rate, and I was wondering if I was to put KCL 3rd would this be visible to the uni, and would it be disadvantaging my application as it’s quite far down my list? Also as KCL and LSE are linked would they be able to see that I’ve applied to both of them? This sounds like such a stupid question now that I’m typing it out I just can’t find the answer anywhere. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
The order of your choices makes no difference whatsoever.

Each uni can only see applications that you made to them. They’re not aware of where else you applied until after you’ve made your Firm and Insurance choices.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
This is a non-issue
artful_lounger
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
As above, it doesn't make any difference as it's not a ranked order.

The only point at which you rank choices is when you select a firm and insurance offer once you have offers. Before that it's not ranked as above, and the unis also have no idea which other unis you're applying to (if any).
jonathanemptage
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It doesn’t matter one bit wether you put them first last or any where in between all they know is you have application the only time they know where they stand is once you decline or achieve their offer or another offer goes unconditional.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Choices used to be ranked - about 20 years ago - so parents, teachers etc may think they still are.
in reality, UCAS now just puts them into alpha order, and each Uni can only see that you have applied to them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (42)
28.77%
Take a gap year (23)
15.75%
Resit my exams (40)
27.4%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.01%
I don't know yet (16)
10.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.11%

Watched Threads