Teachers and GCSEs

Watch this thread
Ghost159
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
At my school, my teachers in both maths and English have given out revision books to help with our GCSEs for free. However, they had told us that we needed to hand them back in and threatened that if we did not, they wouldn't allow us to get our grade back in that subject. I have handed in my English but not my maths book. I'm just wondering if they have the actual ability to do this and should I be concerned that they may be able to?
SagaciousSag
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ghost159)
At my school, my teachers in both maths and English have given out revision books to help with our GCSEs for free. However, they had told us that we needed to hand them back in and threatened that if we did not, they wouldn't allow us to get our grade back in that subject. I have handed in my English but not my maths book. I'm just wondering if they have the actual ability to do this and should I be concerned that they may be able to?
Why would they be able to do that? Just hand the revision book in late and apologise.
Last edited by SagaciousSag; 1 month ago
randompanda_
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
either way, whether they can or not, the book belongs to them so they have a right to ask it back, so like SagaciousSag said it's best to turn it in and apologise
dbhc2411
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm not sure how they could do that... seems like a disproportionate threat. I'm sure if you genuinely lost it and was sorry, they'd be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
32.79%
They're what I expected (19)
31.15%
They're worse than what I expected (22)
36.07%

Watched Threads