Declining already accepted offer

Watch this thread
applyingforllm
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I accepted a QMUL LLM offer but I can still get into KCL as I have an offer there as well. Is there going to be a problem if I accept the KCL offer as well and send a letter to QMUL to withdraw me? I paid no deposit to QMUL and it is still nearly 2 months until enrolment to the QMUL programme. Thank you.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by applyingforllm)
I accepted a QMUL LLM offer but I can still get into KCL as I have an offer there as well. Is there going to be a problem if I accept the KCL offer as well and send a letter to QMUL to withdraw me? I paid no deposit to QMUL and it is still nearly 2 months until enrolment to the QMUL programme. Thank you.
You should check your t&c’s for the QMUL offer but for postgrad there’s typically no liability or repercussions unless you have put a deposit down against either the course or accommodation. Many PG applicants end up juggling multiple offers.
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I am doing a Qmul llm and I had no liability until I enrolled and paid (2 weeks or so before we started)
applyingforllm
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
You should check your t&c’s for the QMUL offer but for postgrad there’s typically no liability or repercussions unless you have put a deposit down against either the course or accommodation. Many PG applicants end up juggling multiple offers.
Great, thank you. I am a QMUL student so I paid no deposit on the offer. The T and C's say that the withdrawal period is 14 days after accepting the offer (it has been over a month when I did so), but it also says that they can consider withdrawal after this period. Given that I would do it next week the latest and the course does not start until September, I guess the withdrawal would fall within those that can still be cancelled.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by applyingforllm)
It's routine, there will be no comeback at all from QMUL.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads