Foundation year health and social care

Watch this thread
Just.ina86
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello everyone! I’m looking for an advice please . I applied for adult nursing , however I was not offered a place . Did not have high A levels grades . Same university have send me unconditional offer for Foundation Year Helath and social care . Now I am so unsure what to do . Do I take the offer or do I do the access course . Will I be able to move within the same Uni to adult nursing after completing foundation year ? Please any advise will be much appreciated thanks
itiswhatitisman
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Just.ina86)
Hello everyone! I’m looking for an advice please . I applied for adult nursing , however I was not offered a place . Did not have high A levels grades . Same university have send me unconditional offer for Foundation Year Helath and social care . Now I am so unsure what to do . Do I take the offer or do I do the access course . Will I be able to move within the same Uni to adult nursing after completing foundation year ? Please any advise will be much appreciated thanks
Depends what you got in your Alevels or your predicted grades? It also comes down to the personal statement
Just.ina86
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I didn’t get enough grades to be accepted onto nursing , I’m aware of that .Instead offered me different course with the foundation year . So will that open my door onto nursing after one year . Or is it better just to do access course ?
itiswhatitisman
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Honestly if you didn’t get the grades for your universities of choice, I’d look around at different universities or try getting into a foundation year for nursing (if they have one). If you don’t want to do either of those, retake the Alevels or choose something else or find a different pathway into nursing by researching
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I don’t know if you’ll be able to move to nursing after completing the foundation year (you’d need to ask the university.). Personally I’d take it they obviously want you otherwise if they wouldn’t have offered you the foundation.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Just.ina86 a foundation course is often offered to students who don't have the right grades or experience, with the intent that you will then move on to the 3 year undergraduate course they provide.

Email the Allied Health or nursing team or call them, just be be sure. If you do the foundation course you should be able to the move onto year 1 of the Adult nursing course as even an online search says 'foundation years are one-year long courses designed to take you straight on to an undergraduate degree course.' In which case you would be better off doing this than an access course, as you will already have experience with the university, will be familiar with support and tutors, and may be able to get through automatically to year one if you do well. Do check this though

I hope you find this helpful.

- Rosie
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi Just.ina86I would recommend you contact the university you have received the unconditonal offer from and ask if it is going to be possible to get onto first year of the adult nursing course from the health and social care foundation year as it might not be guaranteed. If you did want to take an Access course, it would put you on the same time frame to completing the degree.

Speaking with your university would be the best course of action and they should be able to give you some concrete advice!

Carly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (24)
18.32%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
23.66%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (71)
54.2%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.82%

Watched Threads