How do you organise your life?

Watch this thread
I'mnotginger
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thinking about using digital resources for productivity and organisation rather than a planner but would like to hear how everyone here likes to keep up with everything like school, exams and hobbies
iL1L
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I use my Gmail as a To-Do list - there's also a Google To-Do list. I look at how big each task is, and how much time I have, but that said I still procrastinate and waste time
hyacinth77
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I've actually found physical to-do lists to be especially helpful. I think the main flaw is that it's super easy to write a long list of things to do and then feel unaccomplished because you couldn't finish it. I had this problem a lot when I was first getting into it, but when I was revising for my final A Level exams, I found that by breaking down the revision into smaller chunks, I got a lot more accomplished.

I also liked to use the app Forest to find out how much time I was dedicating to each of my subjects.

Hope this helps
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I like to get into routines.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I make mental to-do lists and plans and “tick them off” so to speak when I complete them. If I forget or don’t do something, I get a persistent nagging sensation which puts me back on track.
COMP235
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I personally prefer physical to do lists. I dont cram so many things in the list though. I dont know bout you but crossing out or ticking something once you have done it feels so satisfying and motivates you to try and accomplish other tasks
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I use Google Calendar and google Keep :yep:
Ira Acedia
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I also use mental lists. I used to use physical, but found I never wrote anything unless I needed to remember specific ways to do the task. I then used virtual, but found that I tended to add a task hours after being set it (so I was relying on my memory anyway), or even after I finished it (to tick it off).

When it comes to homework, I go through in my head subject by subject to remember what both the prior lesson(s) were about as well as if any homework was set, which is useful for committing lesson summaries to long-term memory as well.

For exams I go just do papers first by subject then by AS/A-level then by paper then chronologically. E.g. do all Biology AS paper 1s, then Paper 2s, then A-level paper 1s, etc then move to a different subject.
iL1L
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I can't really cope with mental lists - I have too much going on
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Usually just mental to do lists. If I'm really struggling to motivate myself or feel anxious about how much I have to do, having a written list seems to help. I also have a wall plannerto remind me about events etc. (usually have them in my head but good to have a physical remind for things that are far in advance).
iL1L
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I can delete/tick/cross out/mark as done physical lists much easier so the satisfaction is so nice.
JVM2020
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I have OneNote with a range of tabs for Work.

I do like to write do lists now and then.
gjd800
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't, really, unless specifically for work.

For work I have 2 physical diaries, one for my normal student responsibilities and one for my welfare role; I use my email inbox as a to-do think, which means once something is dealt with, I file it, and the 'inbox' itself is always stuff that has yet to be addressed (I picked up this tip when doing a PGCE).

Aside from that, I don't really bother in my personal life.
Huzam001
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
That’s my secret, Cap, i dont
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69%
In the post (4)
4%
Text (13)
13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14%

Watched Threads