I think I might end up being single for life now

Watch this thread
SaucissonSecCy
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is it weird to be single for life? Think I might end up this way.
sufys
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
It is weird to be single for life, yes. Not that there's anything wrong with it.
Last edited by sufys; 1 month ago
londonmyst
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Nothing weird about choosing to remain happily single for life.

Plenty of people have no time or desire for a relationship
Nor a partner or monogomous arrangement and have no wish to enter into any commitments including emotional ones.

Many people know that their personal circumstances or lifestyle preferences are not compatible with ever having a partner, biological family or calm & happy close relationship.
Prefer ons, no strings casual sex arrangements or to focus on other ambitions.
My uncle went down this path and had no regrets.
LittleBear04
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How old are you? Unless you are very old and likely to (put this politely pass away soon) you still have time. Besides being single is not a bad thing either. I loved my single years - and really miss the freedom my your married.
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Some people do.

The question is are you happy to remain single for the rest of your life? If not, then you need to start telling yourself that you'll find someone some day.

Here's something that the genius who gave (or burdened) us with Ford Cars once said:-

Whether you think you can, or you can't... you're probably right
Seriously, think about it for a second.
black tea
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I would much rather be single for life than be in a relationship with someone who isn't right for me just so other people don't think I'm weird.
SaucissonSecCy
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Are more and more people becoming single and childless I wonder, as time goes by?
black tea
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Are more and more people becoming single and childless I wonder, as time goes by?
Not universally, but definitely in some countries. It is a big issue in Japan, for example.
londonmyst
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes.
Particularly in large western nations like the usa & uk and asian countries like china, india, japan and the philippines.

Many choosing this route due to much less social pressure to conform to the traditional spouse and two children model against their own lifestyle preferences or better judgement.
Plenty due to a combination of antinatalist attitudes and obsessions connected with 'saving the environment by slashing climate change' activism.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (42)
28.77%
Take a gap year (23)
15.75%
Resit my exams (40)
27.4%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.01%
I don't know yet (16)
10.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.11%

Watched Threads