How do you manage to get experience in osychology before going for your masters?

Watch this thread
seniorita9824
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,
I am currently studying my third year in psychology.
I ve been working as volunteer in several sections.
Although, working and studying is already hard, and now i get into the point that i dont have time to volunteer anymore as i have to work more ( with the rent prices rising)..

How do you guys manage to get a job? In all adverts they ask for experience.

I applied in almost everything, research assistant, HR, mental health advisor...
University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hi seniorita9824,

Are you hoping to go in to a specific sector or field, or do you just want a job for the time being? Furthermore, are you getting interviews or are you finding that you're not even getting to interview stage?

Working on your CV and figuring out how you can highlight your skills and experience through time working and volunteering is the best place to start. Have you been able to develop technical skills (working with specific software or databases), have you worked with challenging clients or in a really busy environment etc? You could speak to a career advisor at your university to get some help in this area. It's really important to look at the job description/person specification, and then think about how you can tweak your CV to fit with the role.

You could also look for graduate schemes and internships. Although it's July, some do have ongoing deadlines so it would be worth checking. Bright Network is a really good website. You could also post on LinkedIn and see if there's any opportunities.

I think the most important part is to be persistent, and learn how to discuss your experience in a way that fit's the specific role you're going for.

I hope this helps!☺️
- Rebecca, 3rd Year Psychology Student
seniorita9824
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi Rebeca,

Thanks for your answer.

I was going for HR positions and in general I an looking for something related to psychology, like assistant psychologist or research assistant..

But unfortunately nothing.

I posted on LinkedIn although I will have to check the internships and the graduate schemes which I don't have any idea.

As I see you are on your third year as well.

Are you working in the field already ?

Thanks,
Thalia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (24)
18.32%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
23.66%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (71)
54.2%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.82%

Watched Threads