Reading University Parking (WhiteKnights)

Watch this thread
gblanchflower
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm considering going to Ulaw at Reading University this Autumn but will need somewhere to park. As I understand it Ulaw students are considered honorary members of student body while they study and so I assume that any parking available to students will also be available to me, though I could be wrong and welcome correction.

That said, how is the parking at WhiteKnights campus, are there costs involved for getting a student permit, how early should I get to class to secure a spot etc?
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gblanchflower)
I'm considering going to Ulaw at Reading University this Autumn but will need somewhere to park. As I understand it Ulaw students are considered honorary members of student body while they study and so I assume that any parking available to students will also be available to me, though I could be wrong and welcome correction.

That said, how is the parking at WhiteKnights campus, are there costs involved for getting a student permit, how early should I get to class to secure a spot etc?
Hey gblanchflower

It's great that you're considering studying at Reading!
As far as I'm aware, you will need to apply for a student parking permit which you can do from August. You can find all the details about applying for parking permits here.
However, if you are unsure about whether or not this is the right application process for you based on the above information you have offered, I'd suggest getting in contact with the team via email: [email protected] or phone: +44 (0)118 378 7307 who will be able to assist you further and be happy to help!

Parking on campus is usually not too bad, depending on which car park you are in - but I would advise getting there around 10-15 minutes before your class just in case you need to park in a different one for whatever reason! But overall, I don't think you would have too many issues finding spaces as the car parks are relatively big in terms of the amount of people who use them

Hope this is helpful but do let us know if you have any other questions and definitely get in touch with the team about parking as they will be able to give you more accurate information than I can!

Skye
2nd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student
gblanchflower
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thanks for the speedy and detailed response 😺
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69%
In the post (4)
4%
Text (13)
13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14%

Watched Threads