What is the procedure to apply for Ph.D in UK?

Watch this thread
Vinaymehta2603
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am an Indian citizen. I have done my post-graduation this year from India and I want to pursue my Ph.D from UK with fully funded scholarship. I don't know about the procedure and which university should i apply for? and How to get fully funded scholarship? and what type of research area i need to pursue in UK?
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Vinaymehta2603)
I am an Indian citizen. I have done my post-graduation this year from India and I want to pursue my Ph.D from UK with fully funded scholarship. I don't know about the procedure and which university should i apply for? and How to get fully funded scholarship? and what type of research area i need to pursue in UK?
PhD applications are direct to universities. You 1st identify universities who conduct research that overlaps with your interests and then contact potential supervisors to start up a conversation about projects and funding. They will probably want to see a CV and transcript before deciding whether to continue this conversation or not. If so, they will likely help you to develop a research proposal, but also require you to make a formal application through their University registry / web portal etc. That trigges a request for letters of reference, formal transcripts etc.

Be aware that full PhD funding for a non UK national is quite rare and very very competitive. You will typically need to be in the top few % of your cohort from a good university to have a realistic chance. There may also be scholarships from the Indian government you might be able to apply for.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (28)
19.86%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (33)
23.4%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (73)
51.77%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.96%

Watched Threads