Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Like the title states, I have applied to both LSE and Cass Business School but was wondering which one would be better for actuarial science and employment prospects.
    I know that LSE is highly regarded by employers but its actuarial science course doesn't seem as good as Cass' since it doesn't even have its own department. Whereas the course in Cass is like the 2nd best in the world or something but City University has a much lower rank.

ReputationRep:
    Undergrad?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Apparently, rumour has it, Cass is more applied and better for getting exemptions, though LSE does have the upper hand when it comes to university reputation.

Given the opportunity, I would choose LSE solely based on the fact it is the London School of Economics, their Actuarial Science course is still excellent, and I prefer its location in London to City's.

ReputationRep:
    Wats wrong with you guys about reputation bla bla bla ??? If u want 2 b an Actuary , the best place to b is CASS , no 2 ways about that . If u want 2 b in IB , then LSE . No Uni is best in everything , Cambridge , Oxford , Lse are all excellent in many ways , but non beats CASS when it comes to Actuarial Science . Besides , CASS , because of its excellence in Business and the proffessions , are among the best in producing IB analysts as they have significantly become so popular with many City firms that its no surprise in 2- years , they rival Lse in getting most of the IB positions . Besides , they have this year been ranked as the best Business undergrad school in London and 3rd overally in the UK .
    So there really is nothing to chose btwn LSE and CASS in the business side of things . At Cass , if u dont get an A in Maths , u dont get into Actuarial Science as they re only going for AAA , the same as LSE , Warwick , but then at CASS the Lecturers are out of this World , talking from experience . U wont go wrong with them , so i strongly advice u to be carefull when doing yo selection . I hope i ve helped and all the best .

Either.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2008
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.