Can I sleep overnight in London Victoria Coach Station?

Watch this thread
Indililam1
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
As the title says, really. I'm travelling to London for a concert that finishes at midnight so I won't be able to get home until the following morning. I really don't want to have to pay extra for accommodation so was wondering if it's acceptable to stay overnight at the station?
Noble.x
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
A lot of homeless people sleep there I think but it’s unsafe… Do you not have a friend who lives in London?
vivisoul
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You can if you really want to but I don't think it's safe, you could get your stuff stolen while you're sleeping. If you have a friend with you maybe you could take turns in sleeping? Or just don't fall asleep

(Original post by Indililam1)
As the title says, really. I'm travelling to London for a concert that finishes at midnight so I won't be able to get home until the following morning. I really don't want to have to pay extra for accommodation so was wondering if it's acceptable to stay overnight at the station?
Spelunker
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Any 24 hour cafes like starbucks around there that you could stay in? Probably not a good idea to sleep in the station.
hannychica
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Not a good idea. Have you considered booking into a hostel? There are lots of basic but safe places dotted around central London.
Indililam1
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks all for the advice. Unfortunately I don't know anyone in London and I doubt I'll be allowed to stay in a café overnight so may just book a hotel.

(Original post by Noble.x)
A lot of homeless people sleep there I think but it’s unsafe… Do you not have a friend who lives in London?
(Original post by vivisoul)
You can if you really want to but I don't think it's safe, you could get your stuff stolen while you're sleeping. If you have a friend with you maybe you could take turns in sleeping? Or just don't fall asleep
(Original post by Spelunker)
Any 24 hour cafes like starbucks around there that you could stay in? Probably not a good idea to sleep in the station.
(Original post by hannychica)
Not a good idea. Have you considered booking into a hostel? There are lots of basic but safe places dotted around central London.
iL1L
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes, really do book a hotel or somewhere safe to stay
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads