The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

warwick 2022

Going to study at Warwick this September and moving into halls. Anyone have any advice on what I should bring with me apart from the usual basics? Is there anything that as a student you have thought I should brought before moving in?
Hmmm they give you a lot of the basics. What I can think of needing was a hairdryer and a coat hook because there's not a massive amount of space for clothes, especially if you bring quite a few. Something you can hang from a door basically. Buy lots of instant noodles too because you'll probably live off that at uni lol. Pack tupperware too. And you should prpbably bring ibuprofen/paracetamol because everyone gets freshers flu and u might as well be prepared
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Would recommend bringing your own mattress protector, even though you are provided with one it might be stained/dusty etc. and it just feels nicer to use your own.

Also bring a good set of headphones.

With small bits of kitchen equipment you might want to wait until after moving in to buy them, since you don't know how much kitchen space you'll get and whether your flatmates will want to share some stuff or not. Tupperware is good to have but don't bring too much, I couldn't use most of it because I only had half a freezer shelf to myself so bulk cooking was impossible for me.
Original post by Anonymous
Going to study at Warwick this September and moving into halls. Anyone have any advice on what I should bring with me apart from the usual basics? Is there anything that as a student you have thought I should brought before moving in?

Hi,

I would say bring a door stop, it's ideal for freshers week when you're meeting everyone. A comfy pair of shoes or slippers to wear around the flat, but that you can also wear outside in case a fire alarm goes off/ drill. Multiple sets of cutlery, and more specifically, cutlery that has something distinct so you know that it's yours, like a coloured handle or something. If you have any costume/ fancy dress stuff, that might also be worth taking as can be useful for parties and socials. Also, there's a night out at Warwick called 'Skool Dayz', everyone wears a white school shirt and their school tie.

Hope these help/ are things that might not have come to mind already.

Any other questions, feel free to ask!

Davina

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending