Business or Economics A level or both?

Watch this thread
chai2k6
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! Which is better - economics a level or business a level, or should I choose both?
Honest opinions?

Thank you!!!
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chai2k6)
Hi! Which is better - economics a level or business a level, or should I choose both?
Honest opinions?

Thank you!!!
What are you planning on doing after 6th form.
swanseajack1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Honest opinions?

Thank you!!!
Whichever suits you. Definitely not both as some universities will count as 1 due to similarities and you will be left with 2 A levels.
chai2k6
Rep:
(Original post by Emma:-))
What are you planning on doing after 6th form.
Going into finance/ the financial industry
chai2k6
Rep:
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Whichever suits you. Definitely not both as some universities will count as 1 due to similarities and you will be left with 2 A levels.
Thank you!
Emma:-)
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'd look at a couple of courses on unis websites to see if they specify either one or the other. If not, then pick whichever you think you will do best at.
crashcody
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I did economics and found it really hard, but then again I’m a Maths guy so writing isn’t my thing.

Imperial value economics over business if that means anything.
chai2k6
Rep:
(Original post by crashcody)
I did economics and found it really hard, but then again I’m a Maths guy so writing isn’t my thing.

Imperial value economics over business if that means anything.
I have done business studies as a GCSE for the 2022 exams so is business similar to economics?
Lauraxavier1
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Honest opinions?

Thank you!!!
i studied both business and economics, loved them both. Both are very essay based subjects, so if writing is your strength- great route to go down. there are some overlaps however economics is more technical and regarded highly in comparison to business. That being said a-level business definitely provides you with real- life skills. Loved them both and would recommend choosing them both.
chai2k6
Rep:
(Original post by Lauraxavier1)
i studied both business and economics, loved them both. Both are very essay based subjects, so if writing is your strength- great route to go down. there are some overlaps however economics is more technical and regarded highly in comparison to business. That being said a-level business definitely provides you with real- life skills. Loved them both and would recommend choosing them both.
My essay skills are good, and my current options are:
Psychology
Business
Economics
Government. Politics
Philosophy

Do you have any recommendations on these?

Thank you!
Lauraxavier1
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
My essay skills are good, and my current options are:
Psychology
Business
Economics
Government. Politics
Philosophy

Do you have any recommendations on these?

Thank you!
only recommendations on business and econ. A lot of my friends did psychology- they found it very difficult and stressful due to examinations= mark schemes are very specific, meaning a top student could find it difficult to get an A*
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Maths and Economics for Finance - or Politics and Economics if Maths isnt an option and think about a different career.

Forget Business, its a waste of time and totally pointless if you are also doing Econ.
StudyMind
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Honest opinions?

Thank you!!!
Heya! I had the exact same thoughts back when I was choosing my A-Levels but ultimately I chose to stick with Economics A-Levels after looking into what they both cover (I did GCSE Business and Economics as well). Both of them are very essay based. After attempting to do some past papers for both, I found Economics and Business to be a bit similar, with Business being easier than Economics (personally) so I decided not to do it + I was enjoying Economics way more during GCSE.

I really enjoyed doing Economics and I am currently doing a masters in Pharmaceutics and Entrepreneurship combined, and having some Economics background definitely helps a lot From what I remember, Economics is more about the overall market and what is going on around the world while business mostly focuses on companies and how to make profit (it's been a while so content might've changed, I would recommend just looking up their topics!). If you want to do finance, I think Economics would be more appropriate (unless universities state they want Business specifically, just have a look what their entry requirements are online!). However, it's up to you at the end!

If you want some helpful tips, I would recommend checking out StudyMind free resources!

Hope this helps and good luck!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (42)
28.77%
Take a gap year (23)
15.75%
Resit my exams (40)
27.4%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.01%
I don't know yet (16)
10.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.11%

Watched Threads