What is your earliest memory?

Watch this thread
thrivingfrog
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What is the earliest/one of the earliest things you can recall?

For me it's probably from when I was in nursery (age 3) and it was Halloween. We were doing pumpkin carvings and then they made us all try pumpkin juice.

I spat it all over the boy sat next to me :rofl:
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I remember being swaddled as a baby. Next memory is of moving house aged around 2-years-old.
thrivingfrog
Rep:
(Original post by black tea)
I remember being swaddled as a baby. Next memory is of moving house aged around 2-years-old.
Have you moved house a lot? I've never moved house
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by thrivingfrog)
Have you moved house a lot? I've never moved house
Yes, lots of times
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
honestly no idea. my memories of my childhood are very muddled and not linear at all.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I have two memories from when I was three, I remember clearing out my Grandad's bungalow after he had died. I remember being in nursery with my best friend Alistair, who was wearing a yellow T shirt.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Being on a plane (presumably to Sri Lanka, my country of origin) aged around... 3? :moon: :shakecane: :moon:
ginz
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
that's a tough one, i can't place in order very old memories.
probably when my dad closed my little finger in the car door.

i remember being rushed to the house by my mum and someone else, she put my hand in the sink under the water
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It's either going to the mill pond to feed the ducks on my little tricycle, or it's burning the carpet in my parents' bedroom with a hairdryer! :rofl:

I'm not totally sure which came first!
zuluwarrior7650
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Riding a little tikes car in the living room, havent moved out yet.
thrivingfrog
Rep:
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Being on a plane (presumably to Sri Lanka, my country of origin) aged around... 3? :moon: :shakecane: :moon:
I've never been on a plane :bebored:

Fair enough, fair enough

(Original post by ginz)
that's a tough one, i can't place in order very old memories.
probably when my dad closed my little finger in the car door.

i remember being rushed to the house by my mum and someone else, she put my hand in the sink under the water
Oh god, the pain :afraid:
thrivingfrog
Rep:
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
It's either going to the mill pond to feed the ducks on my little tricycle, or it's burning the carpet in my parents' bedroom with a hairdryer! :rofl:

I'm not totally sure which came first!
Dw I think most people have burnt something with a hairdryer at some point :rofl:

(Original post by zuluwarrior7650)
Riding a little tikes car in the living room, havent moved out yet.
I used to be obsessed with those
gjd800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I remember doing a load of stuff with my Granddad, and he died when i was about 2.5. The family didn't believe me until I could tell them details. After that I think I'm probably about 4 in nursery and I remember some *******ings I got as well as when I had chickenpox. I do remember quite a lot of my earliest years.
thrivingfrog
Rep:
(Original post by gjd800)
I remember doing a load of stuff with my Granddad, and he died when i was about 2.5. The family didn't believe me until I could tell them details. After that I think I'm probably about 4 in nursery and I remember some *******ings I got as well as when I had chickenpox. I do remember quite a lot of my earliest years.
Wow you have an impressive memory :lol:
I've never had chickenpox :confused:
LillyTeganLavSul
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by thrivingfrog)
What is the earliest/one of the earliest things you can recall?

For me it's probably from when I was in nursery (age 3) and it was Halloween. We were doing pumpkin carvings and then they made us all try pumpkin juice.

I spat it all over the boy sat next to me :rofl:
oh, mine wasn't so nice, i remember my mum and stepdad fighting and they broke my bed in half. another time, they were arguing over who should pick up the phone cuz they were drug dealers, but i have a few happy memories too, like the time that it was the last day with my birth mum, and me and my little sister went into this water park naked haha. but i was like, 5 then.
SlashBandicoot
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I have a few memories that go really far back, trying to get them as chronological as I can:

- My mother changing one of my nappies when I was 2, in 2002. I remember her opening the tapes on the front of the nappy.
- The layout of my old daycare school, I went there 2002-2003.
- My maternal grandmother taking me for walks around the local area, her pointing out a fox to me and I also remember regularly seeing a dog I liked.
- Watching Fireman Sam on a VHS tape for the first time.
- Walking home from day care school to my maternal grandmother's house in Sunderland.
- Hurting myself at my paternal grandmother's house while she was playing with me, and some of the hospital scenes thereafter. I was probably 2.
- Hiding from my paternal grandfather, I really don't remember why.
- I recall my cousins visiting from down south when I was about 2 1/2, but I have barely any details of it whatsoever.
- maternal grandmother's cat dying.
- My neighbor's daughter Chloe having a trampoline in her back garden, and I regularly used to go and play with her on it.
- My maternal grandmother singing the Welsh folk song "Calon Lan" to me as she changed my nappy and put me to bed, it's the first song I remember. I was probably like 2 3/4 then, but I remember her singing that to me up until I was about 6, as well as "Claire De Lune".
- trying Tomato Juice for the first time ever and not liking it.
- seeing Busted on TOTP around my 3rd birthday.
- Being bored waiting in a bank with my paternal grandmother when I was about 3.
- Seeing Jungle Book 2 in the movies with my mmaternal grandmother.
- Staying with family in London, and visiting Colchester Zoo (maybe) and LegoLand Windsor, aged 3 in 2003.
thrivingfrog
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SlashBandicoot)
I have a few memories that go really far back, trying to get them as chronological as I can:

- My mother changing one of my nappies when I was 2, in 2002. I remember her opening the tapes on the front of the nappy.
- The layout of my old daycare school, I went there 2002-2003.
- My maternal grandmother taking me for walks around the local area, her pointing out a fox to me and I also remember regularly seeing a dog I liked.
- Watching Fireman Sam on a VHS tape for the first time.
- Walking home from day care school to my maternal grandmother's house in Sunderland.
- Hurting myself at my paternal grandmother's house while she was playing with me, and some of the hospital scenes thereafter. I was probably 2.
- Hiding from my paternal grandfather, I really don't remember why.
- I recall my cousins visiting from down south when I was about 2 1/2, but I have barely any details of it whatsoever.
- maternal grandmother's cat dying.
- My neighbor's daughter Chloe having a trampoline in her back garden, and I regularly used to go and play with her on it.
- My maternal grandmother singing the Welsh folk song "Calon Lan" to me as she changed my nappy and put me to bed, it's the first song I remember. I was probably like 2 3/4 then, but I remember her singing that to me up until I was about 6, as well as "Claire De Lune".
- trying Tomato Juice for the first time ever and not liking it.
- seeing Busted on TOTP around my 3rd birthday.
- Being bored waiting in a bank with my paternal grandmother when I was about 3.
- Seeing Jungle Book 2 in the movies with my mmaternal grandmother.
- Staying with family in London, and visiting Colchester Zoo (maybe) and LegoLand Windsor, aged 3 in 2003.
Damn your memory is impressive :lol:
Brief Chaos
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
My druggie uncle throwing a chair at my grandma
ReviseSleeping
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I remember bits of playgroup. So I would’ve been 2/3.

Also remember going to Dorset when I was 4 and being sick in a hat in the back of my Dad’s Citroen.
rosy_posy
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I remember:
- sitting in a high chair as a baby, and feeling bored
- feeling frustrated and crying because I knew what I wanted to say, but didn't know/remember the word for it
- trying to walk towards my dad, falling down then getting back up
- vague details about play group
Last edited by rosy_posy; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (8)
33.33%
Take a gap year (5)
20.83%
Resit my exams (6)
25%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (3)
12.5%
I don't know yet (1)
4.17%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.17%

Watched Threads