Car too big for me?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have been having driving lessons for 4 months and I think the car I am practicing with is way too big for me. I'm only 5'1 and the car I am practicing in is quite big.

When I sit on a normal cushion I can't really see the road makings properly and the edge of the curb, especially by the end of the lesson when the pillow is basically flat. I now use a slightly thicker memory foam pillow and so I have to put my chair really close to reach the accelerator and break. The problem is that I can only see the bottom of the cars in the left mirror and the left pillar blocks my view when I am turning left.

What do I do?

I know this sounds stupid but I only realised this in my last two lessons when I started using the new pillow, until then I just though I was a really **** driver. Help?

Also my driving instructor is a bit of a ****, so I i tell him he will just shout.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
You could try lifting up the seat, the height is adjustable
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by black tea)
You could try lifting up the seat, the height is adjustable
Thanks for replying, the seat is on the highest it can get
targetdah
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Do you adjust the mirrors properly?
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Adult car seat booster cushion... a 'cushion' that's designed for the problem rather than borrowing an unsuitable cushion from the sofa.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (27)
32.53%
They're exactly what I expected (23)
27.71%