Spending money on experiences

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don’t have a job. I am desperately trying to get one as I really want to earn some money so I can do more. I do have over 1000 in savings, which is great but I obviously restrict myself from spending it. In no way am I suggesting shall I just blow it all on crap, but is it worth being a bit less strict with it sometimes so I can do some things over the summer? For example, there’s a music event I want to go to for about £40 but I’m holding off as I feel like I shouldn’t spend the money. What should I do?
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
You should allow yourself to experience life. We literally don't know what's waiting around the corner for us - might get hit by a bus tomorrow, might get nuked in a week... Obviously, be sensible, but spending money here and there to enjoy life is absolutely the right thing to do.
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Make a short list. Write down a few and start researching.
lapubuletaje
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm in the same exact situation, and I have saved more than that. I have an extreme problem with spending. I much rather invest it or save it for later. All the time. It's very complicated.

Nowadays, I figured. If I have £1200 saved up, then I set my limit to never go below that £1000 unless emergency and generally I up these limits. Once I reach £1300, it must never go below £1100. And that's how I've been rising my money.

On the other hand, try not to limit yourself too much. You are still young and experience are worth a lot. They can completely change your life - in a good way, you might learn something you otherwise would never. If there are no debts or bills to be paid or anything on your name. You are more likely than not to make those £1000 back in no time. Don't feel bad about it! But also try not to live pay check to pay check. Make sure your savings keep on increasing.

Good luck.
Last edited by lapubuletaje; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (132)
40.12%