why are some brown girls so mean to other brown girls at uni?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
think of those pretty, made-up Indian girls at uni who drink and party. Im also a brown girl but it feels so hard to make friends with them because they always seem so fake and judgy when talking. it makes me feel so insecure like
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
think of those pretty, made-up Indian girls at uni who drink and party. Im also a brown girl but it feels so hard to make friends with them because they always seem so fake and judgy when talking. it makes me feel so insecure like
Oh I know what you mean. It’s the exact same with Asian boys. It’s like they’ve been poshed up for uni
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Wannabevetnurse)
Oh I know what you mean. It’s the exact same with Asian boys. It’s like they’ve been poshed up for uni
yes omg and they used to be COMPLETELY different in secondary like what happened
Wannabevetnurse
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
yes omg and they used to be COMPLETELY different in secondary like what happened
Yessss, thank **** someone understands me. I understand we’re in London…but chill tf out M. Also PRSOM
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Im an indian but all my friends are muslim pakistanis afghans etc. These indians completely forget their roots and act so so weird in uni. But watch them also wear traditional clothes and flex that on their socials as if they’re religious. Unbelievably 2 faced.
Wannabevetnurse
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Im an indian but all my friends are muslim pakistanis afghans etc. These indians completely forget their roots and act so so weird in uni. But watch them also wear traditional clothes and flex that on their socials as if they’re religious. Unbelievably 2 faced.
Nah not even. I don’t chill with any south Asians no more. All my south Asian friends are still from secondary
Wannabevetnurse
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Also PRSOM

Why are you on anon?

Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Not all are this way, there’ll be a fair few bad ones, you’ll find your people at uni, probably just not in societies and stuff.
zuluwarrior7650
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Why is this a thing???
Anonymous #1
Yessss, thank **** someone understands me. I understand we’re in London…but chill tf out M. Also PRSOM
Yes honestly - they took the freedom from their parents and ran with it. its so upsetting bc I thought id make a lot of brown friends at uni but barely have any with how stuck up and snobby they are makes me feel like sh***
Anonymous #1
so true
Wannabevetnurse
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes honestly - they took the freedom from their parents and ran with it. its so upsetting bc I thought id make a lot of brown friends at uni but barely have any with how stuck up and snobby they are makes me feel like sh***
We can be friends
Anonymous #1
Not all are this way, there’ll be a fair few bad ones, you’ll find your people at uni, probably just not in societies and stuff.
hmm true. how do you suggest i make brown friends at uni? x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by zuluwarrior7650)
Why is this a thing???
wait are you agreeing or disagreeing?
Anonymous #1
We can be friends
Yes ofc!!!
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
We can be friends
How old are you
Wannabevetnurse
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes ofc!!!
You’re gonna have to PM me looool

Idk who you are
Wannabevetnurse
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How old are you
Uni first year 19, you?
ginz
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
must be a brown thing XD

maybe they are insecure too, that's why they sound fake
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
hmm true. how do you suggest i make brown friends at uni? x
A lot of my Asian mates I made at work and most are actually from my class. Don’t get me wrong, my class has the fair share of *****y mean girls, but a lot of Asian girls are on the same boat. You’ll sus people out very quickly at uni, and by third year you’ll just know your people.

Can I just add, what might come across as *****iness is just young brown people trying to find someone to hear them. Often as Asian we don’t have those good relationships with our parents and family, so we seek support amongst our friends. Listen to one another; perhaps what you might consider *****ing might be them just ranting. (Take this advice with caution ofcourse, some people are just draining & toxic)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (16)
34.78%
They're what I expected (14)
30.43%
They're worse than what I expected (16)
34.78%

Watched Threads