How difficult are multiple choice exams in university compared to normal exams?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just saw on my modules that next year that I will have my first MCQ exam. In normal exams in business you can waffle but MCQ require the right answer. Are they more difficult than your average exam?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Not that hard tbf. I believe I went in one with barely studying and ended up passing. Since you’re studying from only the lecture slides, they won’t add information you might not know in the exam.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
As long as you go to the lectures and do a bit of reading they are pretty easy also if you guess answer you will always have 25% chance of getting it right.
Last edited by jonathanemptage; 4 weeks ago
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just saw on my modules that next year that I will have my first MCQ exam. In normal exams in business you can waffle but MCQ require the right answer. Are they more difficult than your average exam?
Hi!

I've got housemates that study business and they explained that you should be okay as long as you attend lectures, seminars and do a little extra reading. Once you've done that the answer should be straight forward. So with like every other exam you've had before, it means doing the work and revision for it.

Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
As everyone has said, just attend all the lectures, and you should make revision material out of your notes. Study these, test yourself with your peers in revision sessions, and you should do well It's good to test yourself so that you can see if you are having difficulty remembering certain areas, so you can go over these.

Best of luck in your exam.

- Rosie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
67.65%
In the post (4)
3.92%
Text (14)
13.73%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (15)
14.71%

Watched Threads