The Student Room Group

No longer want my firm choice?

I have decided that i would rather do English or more specifically English Language over Fine Art which i have already applied to and firmed (undergraduate, I just finished year 13). I also want a completely different uni, is apply through clearing a good idea? If so, when should I, and would I need a new personal statement? Also, how would i cancel my student finance being payed to the uni i no longer want? Thanks so much :smile:
There will be English courses in Clearing - but proabably not at top Unis. Depends what your gardes are and what sort of course you want to do.

Think carefully before you do this - its often a far better plan to just cancel your UCAS application once you get your results and reapply net year for 5 new UCAS choices with a new PS. This also gives you the chance to go to September Open Days, listen to subject talks and be certain that it is the subjectsyou want to do.
W
Original post by McGinger
There will be English courses in Clearing - but proabably not at top Unis. Depends what your gardes are and what sort of course you want to do.

Think carefully before you do this - its often a far better plan to just cancel your UCAS application once you get your results and reapply net year for 5 new UCAS choices with a new PS. This also gives you the chance to go to September Open Days, listen to subject talks and be certain that it is the subjectsyou want to do.

What do you think the OP should do during her time off? I wouldn't advise the OP to do anything but apply through clearing, they don't necessarily need to go to a "top uni", they tend to be the most boring for English anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending