The Student Room Group

Gap Year due to overachieving predicteds

So my teachers kinda screwed me over with my predicted grades (gave me A*AB), and cus of the whole situation arising from COVID (deferred entry for previous students etc) these factors compounded and meant that I (like others) had to "downgrade" our uni choices.
Thing is I know I can do much better than my predicteds (I know I'm capable of A*AA but I'm really hoping for A*A*A), so I was considering taking a gap year in that case to reapply to more competitive unis. My firm rn is QMUL but even they want A*AA. Wanted to hear some outside ops on this.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by corporatevodka4
So my teachers kinda screwed me over with my predicted grades (gave me A*AB), and cus of the whole situation arising from COVID (deferred entry for previous students etc) these factors compounded and meant that I (like others) had to

Teachers probably didn’t screw you over but used the evidence they had at the time and their professional judgement to give a prediction.

why are you concerned about a gap year?
Original post by _Rusty_
Teachers probably didn’t screw you over but used the evidence they had at the time and their professional judgement to give a prediction.

why are you concerned about a gap year?

You're right on that one I guess I'm just deferring blame, tbh good evidence was hard to gather anyway.
I'm not concerned, just wanting to know whether it's worth it or not; getting those grades would mean I'd be able to reapply to King's, UCL, LSE etc
You're right on that one I guess I'm just deferring blame, tbh good evidence was hard to gather anyway.
I'm not concerned, just wanting to know whether it's worth it or not; getting those grades would mean I'd be able to reapply to King's, UCL, LSE etc

For economics?
Original post by _Rusty_
For economics?

Law
Law

@artful_lounger might be able to help?
Do you have any offers?
Yeah offers are in and choices are done, as stated QMUL is my firm
Original post by _Rusty_
@artful_lounger might be able to help?
Do you have any offers?