The Student Room Group

Why is Student Finance England taking so long!

I applied in May and so far I've had nothing but problems with it. I've always sent evidence on the same day or shortly after. Tried to keep in constant contact to get an accurate date of when it's going to get accepted, but so far it's getting pushed back by the month. It concerns me that they are responsible for an entire country's worth of students and cannot deliver on time.
(Original post by reececlarke988)I applied in May and so far I've had nothing but problems with it. I've always sent evidence on the same day or shortly after. Tried to keep in constant contact to get an accurate date of when it's going to get accepted, but so far it's getting pushed back by the month. It concerns me that they are responsible for an entire country's worth of students and cannot deliver on time.

Hello,
Can you confirm exactly what you've sent and when this was sent?

Thanks, Lynsey.
Original post by Lynsey SFE
(Original post by reececlarke988)I applied in May and so far I've had nothing but problems with it. I've always sent evidence on the same day or shortly after. Tried to keep in constant contact to get an accurate date of when it's going to get accepted, but so far it's getting pushed back by the month. It concerns me that they are responsible for an entire country's worth of students and cannot deliver on time.

Hello,
Can you confirm exactly what you've sent and when this was sent?

Thanks, Lynsey.

I applied May 13th, sent evidence of the course details on the 25th May, in June I sent evidence of my previous education and tuition fee loan change.

My issue is, I've rang SFE up and asked have they received it, proceeded to access the evidence and still not push my application along. I'm fine with waiting, but I'm not a fan of receiving notifications of my expected date changing!
Original post by reececlarke988
I applied May 13th, sent evidence of the course details on the 25th May, in June I sent evidence of my previous education and tuition fee loan change.

My issue is, I've rang SFE up and asked have they received it, proceeded to access the evidence and still not push my application along. I'm fine with waiting, but I'm not a fan of receiving notifications of my expected date changing!

Applications normally take 6 weeks to process (this is a general timescale), however this will depend on the current processing times and if all evidence has been received. We are unable to provide a definitive date, the workflow we provide is an expected date; the dates can fluctuate depending on the volume of applications and evidence received.

To ensure fairness and consistency to all students we must adhere to our workflows.

Thanks, Lynsey.
Original post by Lynsey SFE
Applications normally take 6 weeks to process (this is a general timescale), however this will depend on the current processing times and if all evidence has been received. We are unable to provide a definitive date, the workflow we provide is an expected date; the dates can fluctuate depending on the volume of applications and evidence received.

To ensure fairness and consistency to all students we must adhere to our workflows.

Thanks, Lynsey.

See this is where I have to disagree. My partner submitted her application at the same time as me, if not later. She added AND removed family members from her application, waited for divorce papers to reach her in the post, and still got her entitlement letter and finalisation before me. How is this fair? We've gone past the 6 week process already, and you have received all the info you need promptly. I'm not applying for maintenance, just a part time tuition fee. On top of this, you've not even gave me an expected date, you've just told me it's changed, what was the original date??
Original post by reececlarke988
See this is where I have to disagree. My partner submitted her application at the same time as me, if not later. She added AND removed family members from her application, waited for divorce papers to reach her in the post, and still got her entitlement letter and finalisation before me. How is this fair? We've gone past the 6 week process already, and you have received all the info you need promptly. I'm not applying for maintenance, just a part time tuition fee. On top of this, you've not even gave me an expected date, you've just told me it's changed, what was the original date??

Hello,

I can't comment on your partners or your peers applications.
I would suggest sending us a live chat/secure message via your online account or call us on 0300 100 0607, we can then look into this with you.

Thanks, Lynsey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending