Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Taeraatutta
I have £170 in my ISA atm
Started saving last month

Why did you put it in an ISA?
Original post by Quady
Why did you put it in an ISA?

It’s actually a Junior ISA so I can’t take it out till I’m 18. I know I’ll spend it if I don’t do that so I decided to put it in an ISA.
I've been saving for about 11 years now, so quite a lot but it'll all go on a house deposit so it's kind of meaningless.
Original post by -Eirlys-
I've been saving for about 11 years now, so quite a lot but it'll all go on a house deposit so it's kind of meaningless.

Definitely not meaningless
Reply 5

What's meaningful and what's meaningless? Surely 8ts in the eye of the beholder?
Original post by -Eirlys-

It will show your potential mortgage lender that you are capable of saving.
It’s actually a Junior ISA so I can’t take it out till I’m 18. I know I’ll spend it if I don’t do that so I decided to put it in an ISA.

Keep adding what you can afford each month or so as it will soon add up over the years for you.
Something like that is good for to encourage young people to save over the years 🤣🤣
I have £170 in my ISA atm
Started saving last month

Well Into the six figure total.
Savings accounts.
Able to put aside every month.
A mortgage although I have a small one as good for the credit ratings.
Reply 9
Original post by Tracey_W

They aren't interested in where the deposit is from as long as its not (potentially) laundered.
Reply 10
Well Into the six figure total.
Savings accounts.
Able to put aside every month.
A mortgage although I have a small one as good for the credit ratings.

How much have you got in investments?
Original post by Quady
How much have you got in investments?

That's telling private and confidential information.

I do have shares investments as well.....
Reply 12
That's telling private and confidential information.

I do have shares investments as well.....

So telling that you have six figures of cash savings isn't private or confidential, but telling the value of your shares is?

What's the difference?
Not enough.
I want at least £5 million cash and double that in value for a jewellery collection, gold bullion stash & property portfolio. :cool:
Original post by Quady
So telling that you have six figures of cash savings isn't private or confidential, but telling the value of your shares is?

What's the difference?

Difference between saying exact amount of money 💰💸💰💰💰 and just saying I have in excess of six figures is two completely different things as far as I am concerned.
Valuation of how much I have in shares is my own private business as don't have to disclose how much exactly I have in each in public.
Original post by londonmyst
Not enough.
I want at least £5 million cash and double that in value for a jewellery collection, gold bullion stash & property portfolio. :cool:

You'll get there eventually 🙂🙂🙂..
Reply 16
Difference between saying exact amount of money 💰💸💰💰💰 and just saying I have in excess of six figures is two completely different things as far as I am concerned.
Valuation of how much I have in shares is my own private business as don't have to disclose how much exactly I have in each in public.

Well I wasn't looking for an exact figure, just wondering if it was four figures, five figures, six figures, seven or zero.

I have six figures in cash, awaiting a house the stupid offers over system is making difficult to buy, and six figures in equities.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 17
6 figures in stocks
6 figures in house equity
5 figures in pension
5 figures in cash
4 figures in crypto

Idk. Of course it would help me get a house, but that also leaves me with lifetime debt and like 95% of my savings gone.

Yes, but it seems mortgage lenders are pretty hard to impress, so I think I'd need to do more than just show I can save. I do have spreadsheets showing all my incomings and outgoings over the years that may help.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending