A-level resits

Watch this thread
rayanabdi328
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Will I be allowed to resit one of my a-levels? I was predicted AAA in sociology, politics and history, but I think I got an ACC in the 2022 a level exams, my university first choice want an AAB, and I know that I am capable of doing really well, but during my exams I had trouble with a teacher in my school who was making me feel uncomfortable, and so it was reported to a higher up and all of this was happening during my exams, which made me extremely anxious and so I didn’t do well in my exams, what should I do? and if I do resit can I just revise at home and pay the exam fees, rather than studying at a school and taking the exams?
ppelumi18
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
To be honest it really depends on your school. I knew someone from the year above that retook his physics A-Level and my school help the person to resit it (in terms of financially).
rayanabdi328
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I feel like it depends on age as well, cos I'm 19 at the moment, so I think that my college won’t let me re-sit it cos there is no financial incentive for them to let me, since I’m past the funding age.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by rayanabdi328)
I was predicted AAA in sociology, politics and history, but I think I got an ACC in the 2022 a level exams, my university first choice want an AAB,
1) Your Firm choice may take you even with a dropped grade.
2) You may have done far better than you think.
3) You can't do anything until Results Day

What Happens on Results Day - worth reading in advance - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/res...el-results-day
And there is a 'Waiting for Results Day' thread on the UCAS forum - join in - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7230337
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (8)
33.33%
Take a gap year (5)
20.83%
Resit my exams (6)
25%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (3)
12.5%
I don't know yet (1)
4.17%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.17%

Watched Threads