Literature A-level

Watch this thread
bdani336
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm predicted a 7 in GCSE literature but I'm not sure whether to take it for A-level. I'm thinking about a career in law so I thought it would be good for that. I spent all of years 10 and 11 hating English but fell in love with reading and writing near the end of year 11 but I don't know if that's enough. I know it will be hard and I don't know if It would just be too hard since it's not my best subject. It's either this or criminology which I think I'd be more likely to get a good grade in. I'd need good grades to do law so would it be better to get a good grade in criminology or risk struggling in literature?
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Don't take it unless you specifically enjoy and want to do more literary analysis. It's not just a course in "reading and writing" and if you don't enjoy analysing a single sentence to the extent you could write paragraphs about the grammar and meaning of it, it's likely to be tedious and boring. It's also no better for law than any other A-level (essay based or not).

I would strongly suggest caution when considering criminology though. It is not an A-level - it's a WJEC certificate marketed as "equivalent" to an A-level. Quite a few unis do not agree with that and do not consider it equivalent to an A-level however.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
31.11%
Take a gap year (10)
22.22%
Resit my exams (8)
17.78%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
13.33%
I don't know yet (4)
8.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.67%

Watched Threads