The Student Room Group

A level mocks (Year 12)

So I recently did my a level mocks Year 12 I got
Sociology B
History C
Politics C
Will this only give me a small selection of Unis when I apply?
Reply 1
Hey, congrats on the mock scores! A-Levels are hard! Out of all the education I have done, they are the one thing I would never willingly choose to do again (I have an undergraduate degree, a PGCE and a masters in education). So, don't put yourself down about these grades because they are a good achievement!

What do you plan to study at university?

Unfortunately, some universities will be out of range BUT in my experience you don't have to go to a 'top' university to have the time of your life. When it comes down to it, people don't really judge you about which university you went to and a degree is a degree. You would have to put in just as much effort to attain that degree no matter what university you went to. It also will not make your selection of uni's to choose from, small. There are plenty of universities that will accept BCC (mainly depends on the course you are looking to do). Don't forget there is also 'Clearing' where universities that have spaces on course will accept grades that aren't in line with what they would 'usually' accept.

Hope this has helped :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Not sure yet journalism seems interesting ,would like to try a completely difference course, hopefully by end of Year 13 i can get BBB
Reply 3
Original post by Drewmeadyy
Not sure yet journalism seems interesting ,would like to try a completely difference course, hopefully by end of Year 13 i can get BBB

You sound pretty determined and I am a big believer of if you put your mind to it, you can achieve pretty much anything. Journalism sounds good. Just a piece of advice, it is good to have a look at your end goal ( what job would you like to have or a rough idea) and work back from there, if you are debating between different course. That being said, I studied History at university and now I teach primary school children, so not exactly the plan I started out with.

Good luck xo
Original post by lils_96
Hey, congrats on the mock scores! A-Levels are hard! Out of all the education I have done, they are the one thing I would never willingly choose to do again (I have an undergraduate degree, a PGCE and a masters in education). So, don't put yourself down about these grades because they are a good achievement!

What do you plan to study at university?

Unfortunately, some universities will be out of range BUT in my experience you don't have to go to a 'top' university to have the time of your life. When it comes down to it, people don't really judge you about which university you went to and a degree is a degree. You would have to put in just as much effort to attain that degree no matter what university you went to. It also will not make your selection of uni's to choose from, small. There are plenty of universities that will accept BCC (mainly depends on the course you are looking to do). Don't forget there is also 'Clearing' where universities that have spaces on course will accept grades that aren't in line with what they would 'usually' accept.

Hope this has helped :smile:

What a lovely reply ... Im sure this has helped the OP massively. 😎
I think there should be a reasonable amount of unis who will accept the grades. What degree do you want to do? Do you want to become a lawyer?

Quick Reply

Latest