The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship

can somone suggest different apprenticeships for IT but i'm more into software developer or software enginerring?
and can i do this apprenticeship without even having IT/computer science a level
like i did business studies and applied science and i got distinction in both of them and i did now media a level, financial studies AS and an EPQ and i'm still waiting for my results
so after all of this can i do an apprenticeship in them and if i can't what apprenticeship is suiting me with my a levels?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
and can i do this apprenticeship without even having IT/computer science a level
yes
Original post by O_O.
yes

Thank you will they not ask for it experience or anything?
It’s not your job to reject your CV/application.
Apply for everything you find interesting and see what options you get back :smile:

A levels or equivalent are needed for level 4 onwards (higher and degree level). GCSE and equivalents are needed for level 2 and 3 (intermediate and advanced level),

If you’re missing any specific math, English, or IT qualifications, you’ll typically sit a 2-3 day course during your apprenticeship - no fuss.

You need experience to evidence where you demonstrate basic working skills, but it doesn’t have to be from work. Hobbies, volunteering, sports, school, projects, and general life experience are all acceptable in demonstrating your transferable skills e.g., eye for detail, public speaking etc.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Chris2892
It’s not your job to reject your CV/application.
Apply for everything you find interesting and see what options you get back :smile:

A levels or equivalent are needed for level 4 onwards (higher and degree level). GCSE and equivalents are needed for level 2 and 3 (intermediate and advanced level),

If you’re missing any specific math, English, or IT qualifications, you’ll typically sit a 2-3 day course during your apprenticeship - no fuss.

You need experience to evidence where you demonstrate basic working skills, but it doesn’t have to be from work. Hobbies, volunteering, sports, school, projects, and general life experience are all acceptable in demonstrating your transferable skills e.g., eye for detail, public speaking etc.

Could I use my Jack petchy award and that I was a deputy in my school

Quick Reply

Latest