what should I do? not happy

Watch this thread
lolapaloza
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am not happy with my education and I want to start afresh. I am 18, just finished a levels and I am not expecting good grades or to get into the unis of my choice. I was not happy with my yr 12 predicted grades either. I am trying to prepare for the worst because I know I will not get into uni or get decent grades. Was there anyone in my position or similar that could advise me on what steps I should take and how I can take these steps? Is there anyone I can call for advice like education advisors etc. ?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lolapaloza)
I am not happy with my education and I want to start afresh. I am 18, just finished a levels and I am not expecting good grades or to get into the unis of my choice. I was not happy with my yr 12 predicted grades either. I am trying to prepare for the worst because I know I will not get into uni or get decent grades. Was there anyone in my position or similar that could advise me on what steps I should take and how I can take these steps? Is there anyone I can call for advice like education advisors etc. ?
What have you done so far, and what do you want to do?
lolapaloza
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ecolier)
What have you done so far, and what do you want to do?
Hi
I haven't done anything right now I'm just trying to look at all my options and take the best decision. I'm feeling stuck right as of what to do. My predicted grades in year 12 were BBC in econ, history and maths and I applied for an econ degree but I'm not sure I want to do it anymore regardless of everything. I have had medical problems which have pulled me back from my potential I feel like and I am recovering now so I am thinking of what do now.
EmilyClarke24
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lolapaloza)
Hi
I haven't done anything right now I'm just trying to look at all my options and take the best decision. I'm feeling stuck right as of what to do. My predicted grades in year 12 were BBC in econ, history and maths and I applied for an econ degree but I'm not sure I want to do it anymore regardless of everything. I have had medical problems which have pulled me back from my potential I feel like and I am recovering now so I am thinking of what do now.
Hey,

I am a current 3rd year student at the uni of Nottingham.

I wouldn't panic or worry too much. Lots of people take a while to figure out what you want to do. Taking a year out and doing some kind of work experience or a foundation course either at collage or uni might also be a good way to see if econ is definitely what you are interested in.
I know a lot of people that have changed what they want to in a year out before uni or changed their mind in the first few weeks of the course so you wouldn't be alone in that.

I hope this helps but if you have any questions about uni etc just let me know,
Emily
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (118)
40.14%