How many days per week are you in Uni? (york)

Watch this thread
gvsc889
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm starting the theoretical physics bsc at york in October, how many days is it likely I will be in uni each week?
Last edited by gvsc889; 1 month ago
Adz2042
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gvsc889)
I'm starting the theoretical physics bsc at york in October, how many days is it likely I will be in uni each week?
each uni is different, so i would contact the uni and ask them directly.
my guess would be 3 days at uni, two days at home (self study).
marple
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Expected timetabled activities are here:

https://www.york.ac.uk/study/undergr...ing_assessment

How many days you have timetabled activities will vary depending on the options you choose, and will vary year to year. Activities can be scattered throughout the week and it is likely that you will big gaps for example a lecture at 9am, then nothing until mid afternoon. Every university timetable is different, and people fill the gaps by studying in the library, going home etc depending on where they live and how much work they have to do.
University of York
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi there,

Congratulations on your offer to study Theoretical Physics at York!

As with many degree programmes in the physical sciences, there are a lot of contact hours which include lectures, small-group sessions and laboratories - which are computational in the case of Theoretical Physics. It is very likely that you'll have around 20 - 25 contact hours spread over all 5 working days each week.

I hope that helps

Helen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads