How do uni credits and percentages work?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hiya, just a quick question. I finished my first year at uni doing engineering and failed one module (39%) but I got over 60 % in all of my others. This means I've gained 100 credits instead of 120. My uni recommendation is to 'proceed to next year with low credits' (i do have the opportunity to retake if I wish so). Since first year doesn't count in terms of percentage, does this also apply to credits? Also if I decided not to retake what would my overall first-year percentage be? Does the 39% of the failed module go towards my final percentage? Thanks.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
You generally cannot graduate with a bschelors with honours if you gain fewer than 360 credits. They might have some sort of credit compensation going on, you'd need to check your handbook.

Credits count in ways that grades do not.
Last edited by gjd800; 1 month ago
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hiya, just a quick question. I finished my first year at uni doing engineering and failed one module (39%) but I got over 60 % in all of my others. This means I've gained 100 credits instead of 120. My uni recommendation is to 'proceed to next year with low credits' (i do have the opportunity to retake if I wish so). Since first year doesn't count in terms of percentage, does this also apply to credits? Also if I decided not to retake what would my overall first-year percentage be? Does the 39% of the failed module go towards my final percentage? Thanks.
Hi!

I would talk to your university tutor and they will be able to talk you through how your course is graded and what is available to you. This is just because every uni and course is different to how they grade you, although it is standard to have had to achieve 120 credits for each year.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.19%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.22%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (70)
54.69%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.91%

Watched Threads