Older Student Clubbing

Watch this thread
NedRyerson
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im going to uni in September and in my early 30's. I missed out on most of my 20's and only just started going out and drinking and partying. Just wondering if I would like creepy/weird going out with other students clubbing/partying?

Obviously my focus is my degree but I hate to think I have missed out on the chance to go out and party a bit due to being a very late bloomer socially.
chrispbacon7495
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by NedRyerson)
Im going to uni in September and in my early 30's. I missed out on most of my 20's and only just started going out and drinking and partying. Just wondering if I would like creepy/weird going out with other students clubbing/partying?

Obviously my focus is my degree but I hate to think I have missed out on the chance to go out and party a bit due to being a very late bloomer socially.
Honestly you don't lose the right to have fun past the age of 30, you are a student just as much as any other 18 19 year old and nobody would consider it weird at all. Even if some do who cares? Do what makes you happy at the end of the day
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi NedRyerson

When I began my studies at the University of Portsmouth I joined the mature student's society and would go out with them for social events. Over time I joined a few other student societies and found I would go out to the social events with them and this involved going out to parties and themed nights out, and there was always a mix of students of different age groups, I never felt I stood out and always had fun.

I am part of the psychology society so when the term starts again in September I will be able to plan the events as well as attend them! I would say go out and enjoy yourself and have fun, it is a good way to blow off steam from studying and a great way to have fun with friends, and I am sure you will find a great mix of students on the nights out.

Best Wishes

Luke - Portsmouth Student Rep
161BMW
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
It depends on your university and if they have a decent number of mature students or mature students society. If they don’t then although there is nothing wrong with going out in your 30s or 40s IMO you might stick out like a sore thumb.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by NedRyerson)

Just take it as it comes. If you're having a good night, and your friends end up suggesting going to a club then it might be an entirely natural, unremarkable thing to go along. With mature students, it tends to be the students themselves who make a big thing about their age, though self-consciousness: the other, standard-age students, don't really pay much attention to it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (42)
28.77%
Take a gap year (23)
15.75%
Resit my exams (40)
27.4%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.01%
I don't know yet (16)
10.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.11%

Watched Threads