Area between ellipses

Watch this thread
Student 999
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Looking through my working out I think could have elaborated a bit more on the last part of the question, how I got the expression of the area between E and F.

would something along the lines on how lines of symmetry exist of y=x and y=-x , hence in the first quadrant the upper enclosed area = the lower enclosed area .This applies to all 4 quadrants hence you multiply 8 by area of OCB.

I made a comment on how F is E rotated by 90 degrees, I could prove that via rotational matrices but the entire sentence itself doesn't really add value to my answer.Name:  Screenshot 2022-07-04 at 22.12.52.png
Views: 6
Size:  154.5 KBName:  IMG_1578.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  73.4 KBName:  IMG_1580.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  102.4 KBName:  IMG_1581.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  107.0 KBName:  IMG_1582.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  88.3 KBName:  IMG_C30F7EBDA8CD-1.jpeg
Views: 6
Size:  64.3 KB
Attached files
Last edited by Student 999; 1 month ago
Student 999
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just realised I could have saved a bit of time if I used part 2 and added to my integral in part 3 then multiplied by 4
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You may have (partially?) covered this with your second post, but the last part is simply
8 * (part ii - triangle)
so its just 8 times the second term from part ii. You shouldnt need to do any further integration here. Once youve noted the intersection point (c), you can just write the answer down.

Also, for parts i and ii), youve done them two seperate ways (both ok), but you could note that part ii) is a simple scaling in both the x and y axes of part i). Again, that would be simpler.
Last edited by mqb2766; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (42)
28.77%
Take a gap year (23)
15.75%
Resit my exams (40)
27.4%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.01%
I don't know yet (16)
10.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.11%

Watched Threads