Should I stay in the course I don't like,or take a year off,apply elsewhere,&geta job

Watch this thread
brohe7
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I did one year of nutrition & realized it doesn't fit me and the jobs are bad. I want to switch to nursing but it's to late in the season, spots are all taken up, so I have to apply for next year's season. Should I continue with my nutrition degree during 2nd year, or just take the year off, and get a job while applying to nursing and studying?

Also, I don't meet the math requirement for nursing, so I have to retake tests that come out late in applications and I don't know if I'll even pass. I hate my nutrition course though and it's not worth it considering the jobs it offers. Any thoughts? What would you do?
y_emil
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Well usually you only get 4 years funded by student loan. So I would suggest if you are adamant you don’t want to continue your current degree then dropping out would be a good option if you’re unable to fund your university fees yourself if you wanted to go back and do nursing! Possibly arrange a chat with a lecturer or careers advisor and go from there! Hope it all works out for you either way
IonaBelton
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by brohe7)
I did one year of nutrition & realized it doesn't fit me and the jobs are bad. I want to switch to nursing but it's to late in the season, spots are all taken up, so I have to apply for next year's season. Should I continue with my nutrition degree during 2nd year, or just take the year off, and get a job while applying to nursing and studying?

Also, I don't meet the math requirement for nursing, so I have to retake tests that come out late in applications and I don't know if I'll even pass. I hate my nutrition course though and it's not worth it considering the jobs it offers. Any thoughts? What would you do?
It is not too late to apply, as many courses go into clearing. I would suggest talking to places you are interested in going to for nursing. But, If you continue on your course then it would be a good foundation to do the nursing degree. While it may not be a field you want to work in, academically it will help you in the nursing degree, and with elements of care and nutrition of patients. Nursing is highly competitive and having a degree will definitely help you. Also this gives you two years to get your maths done.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (85)
42.08%
They're exactly what I expected (46)
22.77%